BBC: "How to stop Man City"

I enjoyed that read, actually. But that is more because of my love of granular football analytics than the BBC’s placation of the various shades of red supporting masses.

As others have said, it can ultimately be summarised as “if you are better than City in every area of the game that day you have a higher chance of winning”, which is a monumental insight, of course.

I await their in-depth eleven-part series on “How to stop: De Bruyne, Sane, Silva, Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo, Foden, Diaz, and Gundogan.”

No problem with the article, as others have said I take it as a compliment.

Just surprised how little has been made in the media about Pep showing how outdated the coaching and management is in this country in general. He wouldn't be able to do it here remember, PL is too quick, too physical, too difficult etc. Pep has shown how over-rated the PL is.

At least this may convince clubs to try and play a bit of football, rather than getting on the Pulis, Allardyce, Hodgson, Pardew merry go round

But those people you mention and many others are the pundits/experts of today. They realistically are not going to say " we were shit weren't we". We knew all along that they were

Stuart Pearce v Pep etc

It's a bit like listening to Sly Sports. They spend all the time during commentary explaining how teams should play to beat us. Didn't do them much good did it.

A lot of people seem to think Liverpool are going to beat us everytime, as we can't handle them and that is the way to beat us. The 3 games we lost last year could have gone either way.
1) League Game at Anfield we were controlling until a wonder strike from Chamberlan. We then equalised and almost took the lead from Otomendi when we were well on top. If we scored then it may well have been a different outcome.

2) CL first leg, offside 1st goal plus players were impacted by coach attack or for some reason not their usual selves. Thereafter the first goal allowed them to sit very deep and counter attack. Admittedly too many players had an off night

I can't remember the last time we scored first there!

3) 2nd CL match we absolutely battered them and again crucial decision of bad officials cancelling out goal and the woodwork eliminated the opportunity to make amends for the first leg.

Pep only looks to win and the way we chase a goal back leaves us open to quickly conceding more but that in a way is what makes us so exciting

Next year will be our year there :-)

Always have a read of the comments just to remind myself how fucking thick some people really are.

I mean, one poster, unprompted might I add, managed to make the whole topic about the Mane red card and how "no one else in the league has ever been sent off for the same offence". My goodness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.