Sergio Agüero | Manchester City's All Time Top Goalscorer

Only 50 odd needed to surpass Rooney. Would be good to see him become Manchester’s all time top scorer

if only he stayed fit and plays full seasons he would be near the 300 mark by now, its scary what he fully fit aguero could score in a full season and could be around 40 to 50 if he played all the games this season

Lifted from a blue's post on PepCafe.

How does that compare with Shearer & Rooney to get to 200?

Using their respective time in the premier league as a guide its Aguero by about 100 games.:
Shearer got 205 in 392 appearance for Southampton, Blackburn and his first couple of seasons at Newcastle.
Rooney got 198 in 442 appearances for Everton and United, he broke 200 in the season where he had 214 after 479 games.
Aguero has 201 in 292 games for City, so if he gets 4 in his next 100 appearances he'll better Shearer.

But to put things in perspective, Aguero arrived in England at 23 (maybe 22) the others started as teens.

In terms of career totals:
Aguero has 325 goals in 582 appearances. Sergio has scored in 56% of matches he's played.
Rooney has 282 goals in 680 appearances. Rooney 41% of matches.
Shearer has 379 goals in 734 appearances. Shearer has goals in 52% of games played.

Shearer is 16th in the premier leagues all time goal per minute standings (every 147 minutes).
Rooney is not on the list.
Aguero is 1st, (every 107 minutes) ahead of even Salah of all people (Salah's record being ruined by 2 goals in 9 hours for Chelsea. .)***

***Was correct at the newest article I could find (March 2018), but I suspect Salah (109 min) and possibly Kane (113 min) may have passed Sergio towards the seasons end.

One things for sure, had Kun not those dodgy hamstrings, he'd possibly be have a chance at touching 500 career goals now. (40 for Argentina in 89 appearances).

I think what tends to go unnoticed is how good he is with his head. For his height some of his headed goals are incredible and accurate.
I think the same goes for the fact that he is one of the few strikers around who doesn't need to get it onto his right foot, so many of those goals are with his left foot. An amazing striker. Hail Kun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.