TV Games - Oct & Nov

Only 3 games the rags are involved in will not be on TV between now and end of November. No bias there then. The more they are on TV the more money they get.

Is it just me or we aren't as much on TV this year as we were last season? I mean three unchanged in Sept alone, only once on TV all month and now out of 6, we knew these three were always going to be on TV but then usually, they'd have 1 or 2 more, but none of those smaller games again ... and BT I think have only got one of our games in all of first four months ... just wondering, and given we're champion (and Centurions on top) I'd have thought we'd be getting picked more ...

Actually it's not very different than last year, it felt that way though and was nagging in the back of my head so I went and checked my calendar ... this is how it stacks up:

For the four months of Aug - Sep - Oct - Nov

2017/18 Season
Total Gameweeks - 15
City on Sky - 6
City on BT Sport - 2
City at Sat 3pm - 7

2018/19 Season
Total Gameweeks - 13
City on Sky - 6
City on BT Sport - 1
City at Sat 3pm - 6

Is it just me or we aren't as much on TV this year as we were last season? I mean three unchanged in Sept alone, only once on TV all month and now out of 6, we knew these three were always going to be on TV but then usually, they'd have 1 or 2 more, but none of those smaller games again ... and BT I think have only got one of our games in all of first four months ... just wondering, and given we're champion (and Centurions on top) I'd have thought we'd be getting picked more ...
Bored of seeing us smash teams.

Nice to have four Saturday 3pm kick-offs at home between now and December!

Actually it's not very different than last year, it felt that way though and was nagging in the back of my head so I went and checked my calendar ... this is how it stacks up:

For the four months of Aug - Sep - Oct - Nov

2017/18 Season
Total Gameweeks - 15
City on Sky - 6
City on BT Sport - 2
City at Sat 3pm - 7

2018/19 Season
Total Gameweeks - 13
City on Sky - 6
City on BT Sport - 1
City at Sat 3pm - 6

Yep. Sky/BT have to assume that the teams in the Champions League play on the Tuesday so can't (or shouldn't) schedule any games for us to play on Sundays before those weeks. It really limits them in terms of selections. I reckon we'll be on every game in December.

Last edited:
Might be wrong but I think they have to pick every team a certain amount of times in the season so usually they pick some less glamorous ties now and then pick the big ones at the business end of the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.