Who now then?...

Stones could do it in his sleep.

I am constantly wanting to see him take a risk and push out of central defence at times, when we need to break the lines.

He is a fabulous technical talent and no player should ever have his back to the play as far as I am concerned.

in that position din is often receiving the ball under pressure especially in quick transition between defence to attack....most of the time Stones would be ok when building from the back the teams don't press, but in tight games/games agains teams who will press intensively I wouldn't want him in there. He has good technical ability but not that of a Dihno, KDB etc to turn out or tight spaces.

Ilky is better further forward (Pep even said this)...again against most teams playing deeper he will be ok as long as he isn't asked to defend...he is poor defensively, his tackling is very poor and weak.

It was clear we were after someone else; of Pep was truly 100% happy with what he had he wouldn't have asked the club to pursue the likes of Fred, jourgihno etc.At the very least Pep thinks we need cover which is better than any other option at the club. He will now have to do what he did with both Delph and Zinchenko last year and turn a player into that deep midfielder but it aint his first choice clearly.

Well, I'd start with Pep's suggestions and consider Stones,, Gundogan, Delph, Danilo, Zee and Gomes... IAnd if Luiz gets a permit, him too.

We are not as dependent on Dihno as folks will like to believe. He is very good, granted. But not a season changing decider.

Frankly at this point, I'm thinking Ederson may in fact be the only season changer on the squad. Yes, the level will drop if any key player gets a long term injury, but outside of Ederson, luck will have more of an effect than any one player.

Kev is a close 2nd. And the difference will be noticeable, but I'm sure The Silva's and Mahrez can hold it down.

We managed fine, when he was out last season.

Think Kovacic was the one we where trying to get but Chelsea beat us to him.

Probably due to the keeper.

Still the best squad for me!

Hard to get the quality, even harder if one of the attributes Pep is looking for is height. We will definitely see 3 at the back more with Mendy’s return which changes the dynamic of the holding role anyway and will also give Pep the height cover he obviously feels we need.

Stones fine for cover in dm for 90% of prem league but top teams and champs league he will be lost.

I will be amazed if we dont get cover in now or in January.

Pep and the board want champs league we won’t get it without cover, simples!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.