Here we go...Scudamore wants to contrive a title race

He is looking at it from a business point of view. He said he wants the chance of rhe trophy going to different places on the last day of the season..... He wants an Aguerooooooo moment every season. Why? Because that attracts viewers = money....
How many viewers watched the final day of last season around the world compared to our previous 2 titles....
This.

"I'd like someone to get a little bit closer to Manchester City".

Translation:

"If the referees don't make this a closer title race, the Premier League will freeze or reduce the funding for PGMOL".

I don't know why English referees aren't wholly funded by its not-for-profit football association, like every other country in the world.

I watched his interview, it’s far fetched in the extreme to suggest he’s going to be putting obstacles in the way of us winning it at a canter.

He was actually very complimentary about us. The interviewer was asking him about us, basically provoking a controversial answer and Scudamore was having none of it, he said we won it with “excellence” and that we deserved it.

Of course he wants a competitive league, that’s what makes the PL the best to watch in the world, the competitiveness.

Him saying the other year that it’s good for the league to have a competitive United, surely that’s just obvious? If the most widely followed team is doing well, more people around the world will watch? I think he was just speaking as a commercially minded executive, not as some kind of over-arching evil cartoon villain.

I watched his interview, it’s far fetched in the extreme to suggest he’s going to be putting obstacles in the way of us winning it at a canter.

He was actually very complimentary about us. The interviewer was asking him about us, basically provoking a controversial answer and Scudamore was having none of it, he said we won it with “excellence” and that we deserved it.

Of course he wants a competitive league, that’s what makes the PL the best to watch in the world, the competitiveness.

Him saying the other year that it’s good for the league to have a competitive United, surely that’s just obvious? If the most widely followed team is doing well, more people around the world will watch? I think he was just speaking as a commercially minded executive, not as some kind of over-arching evil cartoon villain.

The voice of reason - who will probably get shouted down by the conspiracy theorists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.