Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

Dembele maybe on the market if things don't go good for him at here at Barcelona, so Sterling and his agent better thread carefully.

Spoke to a couple of Liverpool fans this week who claimed insider knowledge that he was engineering a move. They said they know a Tranmere player who is a mate of Raheem's.
So Raheem told this Tranmere player he wants out, who then told these Liverpool fans who then told you who then announced it on here. Is that fourth hand news?

You think we're going to sell our best winger in January when we're still in four competitions so we get good value?
IF he isn’t going to be signing his deal then yes I’d expect us to sell him in Jan. We can then purchase someone to replace him of course.

Surely we can offer some sort or phased renewal, he signs whats on the table now with certain performance criteria and targets in. If he meets these in the next 2 season hi contract can be renewed and amended accordingly.

For the record, I want him to stay. I think he's top class. Just reporting what I was told whether it is true or not.

There's been a lot of he won't be missed/he's not that good anyways from some since this contract issue came up. Imo since pep joined, he has been amongst the top 5 if not 3 performers for the team the past 2 seasons. His numbers say so but even if you want an eye test you can look back at season review videos of the past 2 seasons to see how influential he has been. Until the last couple of months of pep's first season when his form slightly dropped he was easily top 3 performers for the team. Last season, the only players I would argue performed better were silva and de bruyne. You would think this was a player who offered nothing to the team and was being done a favour by even being in it. Not that he is one of the most important part of the system. Very few wingers in world football let alone the premier league has the poaching instincts that he offers from the wing. Yes he will miss the occasional sitter but you can bet that he will be the one there for the next chance that comes. As good as mahrez, foden and diaz are, none of them offer that kind of threat in the box with their movement alone. I'm sure pep and the club see it as so aswel.

With all that said I don't believe he should be at the same pay parity as de-bruyne or even silva and aguero. Those players have more than 2 seasons of consistent high quality performances under their belt to get to where they are. But I also believe he should be close to those players in pay even more so than sane and jesus as he has been more influential than those two the past 2 seasons. If its option 1 he wants' then the club is more than right to hold out and stay their ground if its option 2 then I can understand why he would feel that especially with the age he's at now where this will probably be his most important contract yet as he's just coming onto his peak years and likely won't get a better one in the future.

Anyone who believes no team would be in for him if he became available must be living in a different world. Dembele went for a ridiculous amount when he hadn't achieved anywhere close to what sterling has. I can easily see chelsea paying 60m+ for him and offering him wages close to what he wants seeing barkley is supposedly on 120k p/w. He would fit well for them with willian ageing and adds to their homegrown. I just hope a compromise is reached and he signs as I feel there's a much higher level he can go up to from his already impressive one.

There's been a lot of he won't be missed/he's not that good anyways from some since this contract issue came up. Imo since pep joined, he has been amongst the top 5 if not 3 performers for the team the past 2 seasons. His numbers say so but even if you want an eye test you can look back at season review videos of the past 2 seasons to see how influential he has been. Until the last couple of months of pep's first season when his form slightly dropped he was easily top 3 performers for the team. Last season, the only players I would argue performed better were silva and de bruyne. You would think this was a player who offered nothing to the team and was being done a favour by even being in it. Not that he is one of the most important part of the system. Very few wingers in world football let alone the premier league has the poaching instincts that he offers from the wing. Yes he will miss the occasional sitter but you can bet that he will be the one there for the next chance that comes. As good as mahrez, foden and diaz are, none of them offer that kind of threat in the box with their movement alone. I'm sure pep and the club see it as so aswel.

With all that said I don't believe he should be at the same pay parity as de-bruyne or even silva and aguero. Those players have more than 2 seasons of consistent high quality performances under their belt to get to where they are. But I also believe he should be close to those players in pay even more so than sane and jesus as he has been more influential than those two the past 2 seasons. If its option 1 he wants' then the club is more than right to hold out and stay their ground if its option 2 then I can understand why he would feel that especially with the age he's at now where this will probably be his most important contract yet as he's just coming onto his peak years and likely won't get a better one in the future.

Anyone who believes no team would be in for him if he became available must be living in a different world. Dembele went for a ridiculous amount when he hadn't achieved anywhere close to what sterling has. I can easily see chelsea paying 60m+ for him and offering him wages close to what he wants seeing barkley is supposedly on 120k p/w. He would fit well for them with willian ageing and adds to their homegrown. I just hope a compromise is reached and he signs as I feel there's a much higher level he can go up to from his already impressive one.

But who would buy him,I'm being serious as well,if we put him up for sale tomorrow after the deadline,say for January,who would be in for him ? Arsenal / Utd possibly ?

This is what I don't get,with the people who defend him to the hilt on here,take who keeps getting mentioned as examples,KDB, Aguero prime examples,there would be queues a mile long if they were up for sale,but who would seriously come in for Sterling at say 70/80m and to pay a wage around 200k a week,I don't think too many,if any.

The simplest thing for him to do is to sign a new contract with us,and FIGHT for his place in the team,like others,and he will get opportunities in the best club side in world football at this moment,it is a no brainer.

Supercilious guy can throw as many stats around as he wants,but I bet his books don't have the answer as to who could potentially buy him,so just sign Sterling to keep everyone happy,even me,now I bet you would never thought you hear me say that !

But who would buy him,I'm being serious as well,if we put him up for sale tomorrow after the deadline,say for January,who would be in for him ? Arsenal / Utd possibly ?

This is what I don't get,with the people who defend him to the hilt on here,take who keeps getting mentioned as examples,KDB, Aguero prime examples,there would be queues a mile long if they were up for sale,but who would seriously come in for Sterling at say 70/80m and to pay a wage around 200k a week,I don't think too many,if any.

The simplest thing for him to do is to sign a new contract with us,and FIGHT for his place in the team,like others,and he will get opportunities in the best club side in world football at this moment,it is a no brainer.

Supercilious guy can throw as many stats around as he wants,but I bet his books don't have the answer as to who could potentially buy him,so just sign Sterling to keep everyone happy,even me,now I bet you would never thought you hear me say that !

Yep and no club is going to pay him the 300k his agent wants so the only way he will get his big pay day is fun down his contact and leave of a free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.