Here we go...Scudamore wants to contrive a title race

First of all I would like to see City win the PL - 3 years in succession - similar to Rags 2007-9.
When we have done that the CL comes next.
Another point , already made , is the poor 'plump' refs we have. - Shocking - Can Scudamore have any influence on poor referees?
No wonder we had no Refs. at the WC.

The head of the Premier League wants a more competitive league. The Premier League pays the referees. Liverpool voted against VAR.
nothing to see here :-/

I don't recall him, or any of the other higher ups saying they wanted a more competitive league when United won it three times on the spin, or when it was just between two teams (Utd and Arsenal) for the first half of the Premier League era, with Blackburn briefly interrupting, and then it ending when Chelsea won in it 2005. I would say us being bought in 2008 has made it more competitive and more of a spectacle. After the season just gone, the bar has been raised, and everyone now has to rise to that, and that can only be a good thing for the Premier League.

Clubs are out to win every competition they enter. They couldn't give a Scooby do about nail biting last games they would all rather avoid them. As others have said I don't recollect such statements being made when the favoured few were dominating the premiere league. I hope we go on to dominate for at least the next ten years and have the title sewn up at the earliest available opportunity. Fuck Scuddamore and his cronies!

Scudamore is not a football fan he is a business man , the Rags or Dippers winning the Premier League is his holy grail , and would be best for his "product". Keeping the 'istree club relevant is about all he can hope for whilst Pep practices his coaching perfection , the new contract Pep signed must have been like a dagger to the heart of Scudamore because we are now self funding and we do not need the alleged financial doping and i strongly believe the natural development of our academy players will mean our club with little outlay in the transfer market will dominate long after Scudamore has thrown his hand in.

If they wanted to stop us last year they didn’t do a very good job. They haven’t done a very good job since 2011 either. Haven’t we won the most trophies in that time period?

I tell you what would improve the Premier League as a product: fair and transparent competition.

If the world wanted contrived, neck-and-neck competition with corporate big-wigs telling referees who to favour, they would watch WWE.

They don't want the league paying the referees wages, they don't want the league's chief exec commenting on the results he'd like to see happen, they don't want a lifelong United fan (Mike Riley, for the hard of seeing) appointed head of PGMOL, they simply want to see who the best football team in England is.

I had a good feeling about this season but after Scudamore's call-to-arms today, I reckon next season will be marred by corrupt refereeing (even more so than last season). And when the shit really hits the fan around December time and it becomes clear that there's a pattern to all the corrupt decisions, guess who's gets to leave the fray? Yep, you guessed it. Mr Richard Craig Scudamore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.