Can we surpass last season?

i just see more of a european focused push after xmas, we should still be right up in the 80s for points though, maybe touching 90

EDIT: i was thinking W28 D5 L5, 89 pts, but are we going to lose 5 times?? could do, crazy how good we are at the moment

I don't think 100 points will be repeated by any English club any time soon. It was a truly remarkable achievement. Winning a CL/PL double would surpass last season though.

Surpass ???

Well in terms of the way we play I think yes.

By that I mean we can play to our best for consistently longer periods within games.

If we do that then the results will generally take care of themselves- whether they add upto multiple trophies etc is not as certain.

What little I know about Pep is that the result is not the focus - the level of performance is.....

So yes I expect us to surpass the level of performance from last season - and that will do very nicely for me

No reason why we can't repeat the Prem title & a domestic cup.

Can't see a 100 point season but we could improve on goals scored & on CL distance.

Cant lie I'm still gutted about the Wigan game! I'd love a domestic treble. Cant see us surpassing last season in terms of points and records though, but trophies fingers crossed.

Spuds in the sixties, dippers in the 70s/80s , arse/leeds/rags had their dominant periods, where teams were resigned to losing against them before kick-off, and yet, none of them won every game. Because it's never been done before, like breaking the sound-barrier, the four-minute mile, moon landing , does not mean it cannot be done. Fwiw, my view is that this manager, this squad could be the combination that achieves the "impossible". From what we have seen of Pep, it wont be for lack of trying if we fall short.

This year is about the CL... Real aren't gonna win it again. The next 2 years really are our time to get our hands on the European cup. Still worried about who's gonna step up to help Ferna in midfield but other than that, we really do have the strength to win a treble this year. It will be more of an achievement if we do that this year given how much stronger everyone else is (bar Utd).

He doesn't require any help
We just need to play football with courage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.