Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our main challengers I have no doubt.
If our players still have the desire though, then we should still win the league.

I don't really understand why this transfer window have made Liverpool title contenders.

As far as making the starting eleven better, Liverpool have added Keita and Alisson.

As far as width/rotation, Shaqiri will be a good rotation player for Salah, and can play RM.

While it is an excellent window, I still don't see enough improvements to be able to compete with City.

I think the goalkeeper makes a big difference to them.

He’s very good but prior to The World Cup I had a much higher opinion of him. We saw some of his flaws during the tournament.

The big question is how will he settle? Will he settle like Ederson, instantly or like Bravo, not at all? Or something in between?

The key is not making notable mistakes early on but I could already see him conceding some goals from corners and getting criticized.

Few players come to the PL from Italy and are successful. Pogba is yet to produce his Juve form for the rags. The pace of the two leagues is night and day.

Liverpool's achilles heal is their mentality, and that runs through the whole club and it's fanbase. Their sense of entitlement totally dulls their killer instinct when they get anywhere near a trophy.

Going into the last day you were 2 points ahead of Chelsea.

If you're not familiar with the maths of this sport, that means you didn't "secure" shit until you beat Brighton on the last day.

I said "pretty much”, didn't I?

Liverpool were 7 points ahead Chelsea, if I'm not mistaken. Also had 4 points on Tottenham. Klopp decided to rotate Ings, Solanke, Clyne, Klavan and Lallana. Also played games with five in the back to play Clyne and Moreno.

Almost fucked it up, but played the best lineup in the last game to secure the fourth spot.

I said "pretty much”, didn't I?

Liverpool were 7 points ahead Chelsea, if I'm not mistaken. Also had 4 points on Tottenham. Klopp decided to rotate Ings, Solanke, Clyne, Klavan and Lallana. Also played games with five in the back to play Clyne and Moreno.

Almost fucked it up, but played the best lineup in the last game to secure the fourth spot.

Ah yes. The old “Liverpool FC weren’t trying” argument.

I guess you you would have won everything if you did decide to try?

Liverpool = winning without actually winning.

Jesus fucking christ. WTF is the matter with you?

This is a goddamn forum - presumably to discuss our side.

Posters like you can't take anything complimentary of any hated side without engaging in ad hominem.

So to make you happy, yeah, I was just kidding above. I meant to say:

Manchester City are the greatest club in the world! At every position we excell! Our players are far better than any other players on the planet bar none! Substitutes included! We'll definitely win every single game next year - except of course that the referees may cheat!

Case closed. No need for discussion!

Easy Tiger... for fuck's sake... Easy.

JJ

Liverpool fans really getting on my tits at the moment. It's as if no other team on the planet exists and they'll win the league because they've improved the squad. Good players, sure, but unless i'm mistaken, they've bought players nobody else at the top table were really in for.

No regard for other teams improving.

No regard for teams already and still better than them.

No regard for the fact Klavan still plays for them.

They're actually annoying me more than United fans at the moment. Hope next season is abysmal for them and they can blame Sergio Ramos.

This bullshit "you'll never get past Van Dyke" hyperbole. Sane literally ran past him and scored a few weeks ago, despite the Steven Seagal looking twat having a 5 yard head-start.

Odious set of fans.

I feel better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.