United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Dave

To answer your question, nowt, skaddidle, nada

However,

If the board at United got a whiff of organic success, they’d shit all over the flower bed. He’s a class act imo, he should also be one of the names on our list, when Pep does his John Wayne into the sunset...

I think they’ll be a few caveats to that new deal he signed, he’d of insisted on it...

Yep agree about poch top coach improves players plays youth players sets his teams up well with attacking football. Got the feeling that Arteta will be our next manager.

Just checking the odds on the next manager to leave & Maureen is second favourite at 4/1.

if I was in the UK I would bet that nited lose and the dippers £10 double, would get good odds on that

It will be good odds because it’s highly unlikely to happen - Leicester aren’t great travellers and neither are West Ham. I’d say it’s more likely they both win ‘to nil’ as the bookies say

One worrying thing in this story that’s been leaked from Woodward is the seeming realisation that they’ve been spending too much money on fees and wages for players who offer a short term solution but no financial upside, apart from a few more shirt sales. Their cash flow is probably feeling the strain but if they start to think long term and buy in cheaper, younger talent (like we’ve done), under a more forward thinking manager like Pochettino then they could become a threat again.

In the meantime though we can all carry on laughing at them.

I don’t particularly rate either Martial or Rashford. Theu’ll have decent careers but that’s it - the idea that they are on the level of Sane, Sterling, Jesus etc is absurd

A few years ago when they beat us 1-0 at our place, I thought these two caused us so many problems in the first half. They just haven’t kicked on at all.

A few years ago when they beat us 1-0 at our place, I thought these two caused us so many problems in the first half. They just haven’t kicked on at all.

I don’t know where you found that post from, I barely remember posting it!

Re the 1-0. We had Demichellis and a couple of others in defence that gave us no chance. We were also comfortably beaten by Liverpool, Spurs and Leicester at home that season as the manager had more or less downed tools

I'm not so sure. They have a huge rebuilding job ahead of them. So many of their players want out and Maureen has made the place so poisonous it makes Novichok look like a sherbet fountain.

I think it's going to take years and years for them to even start competing with the likes of us and the Dippers, and they can ill-afford to let us further widen the gap. All the while we are hurtling through the sea at full speed ahead, they are miles behind us, treading water...desperately bailing out and begging to be rescued.

It will take a long time for the 'want-away' players to be replaced, bedded in and ready for the long and arduous season ahead: much the same way as Pep's first season with us.
But the difference is that Pep is an extremely good manager, the rags would need someone far superior to him to even think about rebuilding - and the reality is there is no one out there who can even get close to Pep.
We all know Maureen is outdated, his football (for want of a better word) was old-fashioned in the 60's and 70's: we are now in the 21st century and he is still playing long, hopeful balls to a big target man. It's not just outdated, it's almost bloody prehistoric. Realistically, Maureen is finished. His days in English football are over, for good. The one job he cherished above all else was being in charge at the swamp...and he's fucked that up big time.

The only way forward for the rags now is to recognise that a huge overhaul is needed at the club: manager, staff, players etc, a clean sweep. And back to the drawing board.
A few years in the wilderness will not damage them too much financially, but even if it does curtail their spending a bit, they'd get the one thing they need above all else - stability.
Totally agree with all of this and would add, it wont take long before they slip further behind other teams and I dont necessarily mean chavs & spuds.
The club is in total disarray and the most important thing they needed was a safe pair of hands as the manager to rebuild what they once were. They chose PEG who will prove to be the worst appointment they could have, he is in the process of further destroying that place.

Their fans have no idea what years in the doldrums mean, but if they keep PEG, they may soon find out.

Happy days for us blues and the rest of the PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.