Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Sadly Martins dog passed away at the precise moment Jamie Vardy scored tonight...... I presume that was what happened given his tone.......
The Vardy goal was indeed terribly announced by Tyler - took a bit of google-foo to even find it. In the states, Alro White gave the goal it's proper due, speculating that a tying goal might be in the offing and observing that United fans had suddenly become very nervous.

Tyler's claim not to be a United Fan:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5320762/martin-tyler-rmanchester-united-woking-fan/

I haven't had the opportunity (I"m in the states) to watch enough of Tyler's calls to form an opinion - but the total lack of emotion following Vardy's goal is strange.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

It's bloody worse than North Korea in here, sometimes ;-)

The Vardy goal was indeed terribly announced by Tyler - took a bit of google-foo to even find it. In the states, Alro White gave the goal it's proper due, speculating that a tying goal might be in the offing and observing that United fans had suddenly become very nervous.

Tyler's claim not to be a United Fan:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5320762/martin-tyler-rmanchester-united-woking-fan/

I haven't had the opportunity (I"m in the states) to watch enough of Tyler's calls to form an opinion - but the total lack of emotion following Vardy's goal is strange.
He`s even worse when we score ... seriously !! But not when the opposition score against us.

He`s even worse when we score ... seriously !! But not when the opposition score against us.
To his credit, he did make an amazing call for the Aguero title winner.

I rarely get to watch Tyler though (I'm across the pond), but when I get the chance, I'll pay more attention with an eye toward's detecting biased calls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.