Match Thread | Arsenal vs Manchester City (12/08/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a point in that half where we were 5 onto 3. Gundogan in possesion. A simple ball 10 yards to his right to put Mahrez in and he just pokes it 3 yards. Things like that is what piss fans off.

Good control so far.

Yes, arsenal have a threat, but we have lots; keep doing what we’re doing and with a sub or two we can rip that back line to shreds.

Sane would put this to bed and then some.....

take off ilky and ad kdb and we will be better as well.....Ilky has been poor and is nowhere defensively...Mendy is a defensive suicide but he adds so much going forward....

Sterling and Sergio looked sharp and stones and Laporte have been good as has walker

Mendy looked shit at defending every time i seen him
Great at crossing though
Needs to sharpen up quick or it will be league cup for him!
Even before his injury, he just didn’t convince me. Hope he can turn it around fast.

Our midfield has been disappointing in finding that incisive pass, especially on the counter. Bernardo has worked hard and Dinho has been solid defensively though.

B.Silva not really in the game yet. Sterling looks terrific although I am unsure this experiment of him on the left is ideal. Mahrez still mostly in 2nd gear and yet to really get into the rhythm of this team - mostly to be expected but he's had the longest training camp to acclimate in a squad this is otherwise a bit rusty for the first match. Mendy has shown the good & bad, fortunately no ugly - that honor goes to Cech who very nearly got a great own goal. Still impressive to see him effectively dropping into midfield quite a bit

Emery looks to be frantically looking for solutions to the high pressing as Gunners have had very little central outlets but once they get into the final third they have looked ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.