Match Thread | Arsenal vs Manchester City (12/08/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've really give them a hiding and that's with Mendy, Gund & Bernado not playing well. I think Pep will change this soon enough.

We've done pretty well but haven't really controlled the game as much as we saw last season but I guess that's to be expected without Silva and KDB. Would like to see Sane get a run on the left with Sterling on the right and KDB in for Gundogan or Bernardo.

We've played 3 pre season with only a couple of the players who are on the pitch taking part and one community shield match since the end of the last prem season. Is it really that surprising that we look rusty ? Most teams have now played 6 or more matches.
Not to say we dont need to gel a bit better but Im quite happy with that first half performance.

Well I think we're playing quite well. Sure we've conceded a couple of chances. But I'm sure as the game goes on,
we'll have a lot more chances and am expecting another couple of goals ;-)

Mendy has been an obvious worry - hopefully just rustiness. Positionally poor, and fairly clumsy on the ball a few times.
We're not really playing to his strengths. Particularly with Sterling and Mahrez starting on opposite sides, you'd think that having the full backs running up the touch line would be ideal. Walker's done it well, but Mendy has been told to go into midfield quite a lot instead. Hence why he often looks out of position when we lose the ball.

All things considered for first game back, very good. Not having your 3 best players on the pitch and still dominating and still very creative. The touch and clinical edge will come. Mendy doesn't seem to like the inside full back role. He's doing okay though. Really enjoying Laporte and Stones working together.

No rush to have Leroy or Kev on just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.