Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heaven knows what his defending is going to be like when he has an attacker bearing down on him, time after time. Got lucky I think, wrapping his arm around that players neck at the Arsenal corner. But I think he was bought for his attacking play, which is his best attribute. We haven't seen anywhere near the best of him yet.

I think he'll need half a dozen games to get fully match fit, he's a big bloke and had a v. short preseason, but I think it'll take him 20 games to catch up on the positional and defensive stuff he couldn't learn last season.

After that we can judge his defending better. I thought it was noticeable that he was much more comfortable defending in the fullback areas than in the moments he had to step inside - which were slightly calamitous.

He's a new signing basically.

i thought if we were going to concede it was going to come from that side...especially 1st half.
he was out of position a lot and and his touch was poor.
saying that i would still start him against huddersfield to get more game time

I think he'll need half a dozen games to get fully match fit, he's a big bloke and had a v. short preseason, but I think it'll take him 20 games to catch up on the positional and defensive stuff he couldn't learn last season.

After that we can judge his defending better. I thought it was noticeable that he was much more comfortable defending in the fullback areas than in the moments he had to step inside - which were slightly calamitous.

He's a new signing basically.

Agree.

Was iffy at times inside with & without the ball. Stupid challenge for the non pen but perfect assist for the goal.

Was fine when he stayed on the left-hand side of the pitch, but when he drifted into the middle his touch was much less assured and he seemed a little lost.

Can only get sharper by playing more, played about 10 games(?) in a year. Needs match sharpness to get back the touch and awareness.
2 assists, Sharks keep eating!

I actualy think Delph was amazing at LB. Much better than what Mendy showed untill now. But, basically, it s his first season, so will have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.