Arsenal(A) - Post Match Thread

Happy with that - we were rusty but overall a comfortable win away at one of the top six clubs - nothing wrong with that.

What we can say about him is what an engine....even at 90 mins he was wanting to get forward...he will destroy teams as games go on

My favourite moments of the game - totally unrelated to the result:
1. Laporte 60 yards diagonal pass to Riyad
2. Kyle 'road-runner' sprinting with his legs and feet turning into blur
3 Until I saw Bolton game highlights, I could swear it was Joe playing with Eddie's mask on in the second half
4. Peter Cech was on the verge of a nervous breakdown for the most of the game, but after reading his post match interview in which he claimed they should have won, I think he had suffered one at least.

Good analogy that, I didn't think he had great game overall, and the Richards comparison is good, he looked great going forward, but his defending left a lot to be desired.

Its only one game so he shouldn't be judged on it.
I think he may have a bit more acceleration than Richards had and most certainly has more composure on the ball when he gets into dangerous positions. That said his strange positioning could cause us dearly against better teams than the Gooners who I though were a bit of a mess yesterday.

Interesting to see the change in tactics yesterday.
Instead of the winger going down the flanks all the time the winger cut inside much more freqrently and the full back overlapped with the full backs not coming inside as much.
As such for alot of the game we had a double pivot in defence. i.e. Fern & Gundogan.
More of a 4-2-3-1 formation than the 4-1-4-1 of last season.

Last edited:
My favourite moments of the game - totally unrelated to the result:
1. Laporte 60 yards diagonal pass to Riyad
2. Kyle 'road-runner' sprinting with his legs and feet turning into blur
3 Until I saw Bolton game highlights, I could swear it was Joe playing with Eddie's mask on in the second half
4. Peter Cech was on the verge of a nervous breakdown for the most of the game, but after reading his post match interview in which he claimed they should have won, I think he had suffered one at least.
Thought he'd gone to Burnley?

Before the game I thought that we would win
based on last seasons performances.
There was a bit of doubt though because of .new manager, new players, what tactics would they employ, team set up etc.
Because of that I would have grudgingly taken a draw, never a defeat.
Anyway, we got the 3 points and never really looked in much danger, apart from a couple of chances presented to them by defensive sloppiness.
We possibly should have scored more than 2
but Raheems' goal was unexpected and Sergio should have scored, so maybe not.
Anyway, amongst all the scapegoating I want to give a big shout out to Kyle Walker.
His attitude and positivity are outstanding.
He's won trophies and clearly wants to win more and more!
A very good win against a decent side who, not that long ago, would have run rings round us.
Great performance going forward and solid enough at the back but Kyle made one of his WC ricks in the second half that could have been costly another day.

Great performance going forward and solid enough at the back but Kyle made one of his WC ricks in the second half that could have been costly another day.
Mendy made two ricks during the game and Arsenal should have had a pen when he was all in wrestling at one point.

Incidently, If City are going to have overlapping full-backs more frequently this season then Sane is going to have to buck up defensively.
He was dropped due to his poor performance in the Chelsea game. So I can see him dropping to 2nd half sub against tiring teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.