Bernardo Silva - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finish was reminiscent of Messi, just a casual sweep of the left foot, like it was the simplest thing in the World.

Love the guy, his attitude, personality, ability, everything.

Excuse the comparison, but he was reminiscent of Ronaldo (the one we don't like) today. Didn't get up to much, but scored a goal nonetheless thanks to his ridiculous ability.

They say the best teams win even when they don't play well. And assuringly, it looks like the best players win games even when they don't play well either.

not involved as much as I would of liked today but when he was his talent stuck out like a sore thumb a player of year candidate for me the way he's improving.

Pep asked him 2 come back & he has been magnificent.

I can see him starting more games than Dave.

15-20 goals this year he is class.

skysports-bernardo-silva-manchester-city_4388117.jpg

skysports-danny-ings-liverpool_4385361.jpg

Separated at Birth?

Very excited to see his inevitable transition to our false 9 striker, his finishing is unusually simple for him, like Messi.

I think with Mendy back we might see the false 9 more prominently, meaning we can play with inverted wingers.

This means Jesus/Sterling on the left, Bernardo central (with Jesus as back up) and Sane/Mahrez on the right. This is of course after senior players are gone, so we have something like this for the future (Starter first, backups after)

Sterling/Jesus/Sane-----------------Bernardo/Jesus-----------------------Mahrez/Sane/Sterling

----------------Brahim/Foden-------------------------------------Kev/Bernardo/Mahrez
-------------------------------------------Gundogan/Zinny
Mendy/Delph-------Laporte/Otamendi--------------Stones/E Garcia-----------------------Walker/Danilo

Ive heard many city fans say when Aguero leaves we definitely need to buy another striker, I don't think so. Bernardo (or even Sterling) can play a false 9 role very well to facilitate our goal scoring wingers. I think this help with Brahim and Foden too because they can compete directly with each other over the vacant CAM spot that Bernardo wouldn't be playing as much (and because David is gone).

Also think Gundogan is better in the DM role so that's why I slotted him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.