Arsenal(A) - Post Match Thread

Didn’t need to get out of 1st gear and still too much for Arsenal. When you get up to speed it looks like teams are going to get their arses handed to them on a regular basis.

Thought he'd gone to Burnley?

I too did a double take thinking i saw joey playing, but it was for Everton.

Anyway, Great result yesterday and an overall impressive performance. Arsenal pinned in their own half for long periods with our workrate and that aint too shabby for a first game of the season. Mendy looks massive.

Before the game I thought that we would win – 2-0
based on last season.
There was a bit of doubt though because of them having .new manager, new players, what tactics would they employ, team set up etc.
Anyway, we got the 3 points and never really looked in much danger, apart from a couple of chances presented to them by defensive sloppiness. Mendy gave me the ‘willies’.Full of energy going forward and had 2 assists. – BUT could/should have been penalised for his stupid yank around neck of their player. Oliver gave us a big benefit of the doubt there.
We possibly should have scored more than 2 – Sergio had a great chance to square to KdB but as a striker he went for goal. I remember last season he squared to Jesus for a tap in – not this time.
But Raheems’ goal was unexpected and Sergio should have scored,
Anyway, amongst all the scapegoating I want to give a big shout out to the back 3 – Walker(what pace) and Stones /Laporte.
Their attitude were outstanding.
A very good win against a decent side who, not that long ago, would have run rings round us.
We were sloppy at times – Ederson needs more games because he fluffed his lines a few times.
Bernardo great strike.
Only the first game so maybe we can get more ‘conditioned’ – per Pep.
‘Udders next – park the double decker syndrome -

That clip doesn't do it justice mate. That was a terrible foul and not one fucking word was said.
Should have been sent off.

Remember saying at the time, if that was a defender making that tackle he would have gone!

If he produces two assists and a clean sheet every game, all eyes will be on him (Mendy).
As will the keeper if he clowns around but keeps a clean sheet
There is absolutely no problem in critical analysis of a players performance -it's what Pep and his coaching staff will be doing right now and if Mendy thinks he can get away with that sloppy defending every week he might be in for a shock..

His attacking play was absolutely top class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.