A Great Time To Visit Turkey

I want to tick Istanbul off the list before too long. Visit the Grand Bazaar and have a look at Fenerbahce. You need a visa to get there though.

Changed at Ataturk a few times. Very security conscious!

What didn't you like about the Dominican? Places like Dominican and Cuba have to be 5 star otherwise you'll starve to death.
We went to the Dominican and I loved it, the wife, not so much. Then again it was a swingers resort and she's a bit of a munter, so she didn't get all the attention that I received.
Haha classic post.

I want to tick Istanbul off the list before too long. Visit the Grand Bazaar and have a look at Fenerbahce. You need a visa to get there though.

Can get evisa online only $20
Some dodgy sites charge more

£13 on line.
£20 cash on arrival.
Your passport stamp is your visa.
Take 5 mins online.
2 mins on arrival.
Been 10 times.
Easy either way.

I visited a Turkey in Asda a while ago.It was a big plump chested one so I thought I'd make a meal of it.

I grabbed the frozen fucker and put it under my arm and legged it to the door. Just near the exit i saw a security guard had clocked me.

"Hey stop, what are you doing with that"?

"Spuds carrots peas and gravy thanks"!

Been 4 times over the years. Food is generally excellent but Turkish tap water isn't drinking water and sometimes they wash salad in tap water, hence getting the squits.

I also had bad food poisoning in Kusadassi when eating chicken from a rotisserie. The chicken and rest of the meal was delicious, but I was unaware the cooked chickens were stored on the bottom tray of the rotisserie waiting for customers. IIwas later told the chickens were rotating above spilling raw juices onto the cooked ones and soaking in.

The next morning I woke up really rough and the(then) mrs asked to me to go and reserve two sunbeds with our towels(german style)

I went down and put the towels near the pool no problem. I then dripped to my knees to be violently sick for what must have been at least 10 minutes. I only finished when my stomach was completely empty until retching on stomach acid.

On returning to our hotel room she asked why I took so long and when i told her why I took so long she said she thought i was inspecting the ants nest we had noticed.

I wasn't as such but I must have filled their anthole in. The stragglers that weren't in the best were probably marching back with bits of food on their backs, the little critters.

3 days in bed with no food, just bottled water. I didntd call a doctor but I must have had salmonella or something similar.

But i will go back to Turkey again as food poisoning can be had from anywhere in the world.

Istanbul is ace. Get a flight and do Airbnb. Remember most people in the world are pretty normal and friendly. Or go to Marmaris and book a boat trip for a couple/few days. Yeah the bogs stink a bit on all boats but the scenery and the sea are amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.