A Great Time To Visit Turkey

Anyone going to Turkey will be quids in getting over 8tl to the £ neary double from a year ago

But prices there will rise accordingly, so not really much difference.

Or go to Marmaris and book a boat trip for a couple/few days. Yeah the bogs stink a bit on all boats but the scenery and the sea are amazing.

Marmaris is Turkey's Magaluf ... Better off somewhere like Gocek for a real boat trip. Try Gunay One for the very best. A full day trip picking you up at your accommodation (In Gocek or Dalyan etc) by minibus. Returning about 9pm. Real gullet/sailboat, breakfast, lunch and snacks all included (Most products from the family farm, picked up fresh on the way) ... Dutch lady Ingrid and her local husband Ramazan will be the perfect hosts.

Reactions: roj
Been 4 times over the years. Food is generally excellent but Turkish tap water isn't drinking water and sometimes they wash salad in tap water, hence getting the squits.

I also had bad food poisoning in Kusadassi when eating chicken from a rotisserie. The chicken and rest of the meal was delicious, but I was unaware the cooked chickens were stored on the bottom tray of the rotisserie waiting for customers. IIwas later told the chickens were rotating above spilling raw juices onto the cooked ones and soaking in.

The next morning I woke up really rough and the(then) mrs asked to me to go and reserve two sunbeds with our towels(german style)

I went down and put the towels near the pool no problem. I then dripped to my knees to be violently sick for what must have been at least 10 minutes. I only finished when my stomach was completely empty until retching on stomach acid.

On returning to our hotel room she asked why I took so long and when i told her why I took so long she said she thought i was inspecting the ants nest we had noticed.

I wasn't as such but I must have filled their anthole in. The stragglers that weren't in the best were probably marching back with bits of food on their backs, the little critters.

3 days in bed with no food, just bottled water. I didntd call a doctor but I must have had salmonella or something similar.

But i will go back to Turkey again as food poisoning can be had from anywhere in the world.
I noticed that with the chickens its a wonder more people dont cop for somet bad

With all the great places in the world to visit, one wonders why Turkey would even be under consideration at the moment...or recently.

Anyone going to Turkey will be quids in getting over 8tl to the £ neary double from a year ago

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm going on 1st September for about the 8th time. I did something I've never done before and changed some money over here when it hit 5.9 convinced it would never go higher even if I changed it out there.

Hedged my bets and only changed £500 but, by my reckoning, that's cost me around £150.

That's why I never gamble (or not often)

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm going on 1st September for about the 8th time. I did something I've never done before and changed some money over here when it hit 5.9 convinced it would never go higher even if I changed it out there.

Hedged my bets and only changed £500 but, by my reckoning, that's cost me around £150.

That's why I never gamble (or not often)
Didn’t cost you anything, unless you spend your life calculating opportunity cost!

Enjoy your good fortune and spend your money where locals do and you’ll still be streets ahead!

Didn’t cost you anything, unless you spend your life calculating opportunity cost!

Enjoy your good fortune and spend your money where locals do and you’ll still be streets ahead!

Yeah, you're right of course. It could be argued that, by not changing the other £1,000 I'm going fo take, I've gained a shed-full.

But, as I say, it reaffirms my long-held belief that I should never dabble in investments !

Yeah, you're right of course. It could be argued that, by not changing the other £1,000 I'm going fo take, I've gained a shed-full.

But, as I say, it reaffirms my long-held belief that I should never dabble in investments !
Actually, you were quite smart by hedging your transaction, and it has paid off!

If the exchange rate had gone the other way, you would have gained a bit. Now, you have gained a bit AND will gain even more!

WIN WIN!

I love Turkey, just booked our 3rd family trip there in 5 years

Reading the posts on here, I think it depends on where you go in Turkey and, obviously, what you are looking for in a holiday.

We go to Kalkan which is a small, pleasant, middle-class, middle-aged sort of village/town where there's not a hint of trouble. Not much in the way of clubs but plenty of restaurants etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.