A Great Time To Visit Turkey

With all the great places in the world to visit, one wonders why Turkey would even be under consideration at the moment...or recently.
Because it has some stunning coastlines, beaches, heritage sites and countryside comparable with anywhere that's why. Check out Akayakka Valley, Pamukale, the Lycian tombs of Dalyan, Ephesus ... so many more.

Reading the posts on here, I think it depends on where you go in Turkey and, obviously, what you are looking for in a holiday.

We go to Kalkan which is a small, pleasant, middle-class, middle-aged sort of village/town where there's not a hint of trouble. Not much in the way of clubs but plenty of restaurants etc.

We've been thinking of Kalkan for next year
Any recommendations regarding accommodation and transfers to and from the airport?

We've been thinking of Kalkan for next year
Any recommendations regarding accommodation and transfers to and from the airport?

Accomodation depends what you are looking for. 1st year we (myself and my girlfriend) went 5 star hotel which was okay except that you essentially have one room and a bathroom.

Second year we were skint and wanted a one bed apartment with separate lounge area so we plumped for the Samira Resort Apartments. This is about a mile from the beach but up a very steep hill which suits us because we're reasonably fit. That said, a taxi from the main centre costs about £3 but the whole town is built on a hill up from the beach so I'd steer clear if I had a disability. I think "cheap and cheerful" just about sums up the Samira Resort and we've been using it ever since. This year it cost us £600 payable in cash sterling including private transfers to and from Dalaman which is about an hour and a quarter away. Your accomodation will arrange transport if you are booking direct or the travel company if you book through an agent. Generally about £100 there and back to Dalaman I think but I'll have a look whilst I'm there.

The public beach, which we use is pebbles but there are beach clubs perched around the bay and free water taxis all day.

Essentially, you can get any sort of accommodation according to your tastes and price range.

Accomodation depends what you are looking for. 1st year we (myself and my girlfriend) went 5 star hotel which was okay except that you essentially have one room and a bathroom.

Second year we were skint and wanted a one bed apartment with separate lounge area so we plumped for the Samira Resort Apartments. This is about a mile from the beach but up a very steep hill which suits us because we're reasonably fit. That said, a taxi from the main centre costs about £3 but the whole town is built on a hill up from the beach so I'd steer clear if I had a disability. I think "cheap and cheerful" just about sums up the Samira Resort and we've been using it ever since. This year it cost us £600 payable in cash sterling including private transfers to and from Dalaman which is about an hour and a quarter away. Your accomodation will arrange transport if you are booking direct or the travel company if you book through an agent. Generally about £100 there and back to Dalaman I think but I'll have a look whilst I'm there.

The public beach, which we use is pebbles but there are beach clubs perched around the bay and free water taxis all day.

Essentially, you can get any sort of accommodation according to your tastes and price range.

I've heard about the water taxis and beach clubs and this appeals to us
As for cheap and cheerful. So long as it's clean, air conditioned and has a patio, happy days
Our accommodation this year in Anaxos Greece was €28 a night room only

If you've spoken to anyone who's stayed a bit closer to the town for accommodation recommendations I'd appreciate it
Not really looking for anything that more than five minutes walk to the front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.