Spurs’ new stadium

They could move our game to the Friday night at Wembley, assume it would give them enough time to change the pitch to NFL.

The lines on the pitch would still be visible for the NFL game which the yanks wont be pleased about, but more importantly its a Champions League week and I think us and Spurs will be one TV pairing (with United and Liverpool the other), ultimately meaning one of us will be playing on the Wednesday (possibly away in Russia).

0% chance of us playing this on the Friday anywhere.

I think;
Plan A - play at the new stadium as planned
Plan B - move the NFL game to Twickenham, and move us to Wembley
Plan C - reverse the fixtures
Plan D - play our game anywhere else (West Ham, or even Milton Keynes which was as a mooted temporary home for Spurs during reconstruction)
Plan E - postpone the game to later in the season.

Plan C or E would be particularly bad for us.

who in their right mind at spurs thought the stadium would be ready for the first few games of the season, piss up brewery !

any games before xmas will be a bonus

Twickenham being mentioned as a possible venue....

image.jpg
It would take some work on the turf. I was at ground level at Twickenham 2017 and whilst a lovely surface for rugby very different to what most EPL grounds have.

FFS, In Manchester for the weekend from Fri-Sun then travelling down early doors for the game on Sunday. I live in London so this was all working out perfect.

Typical spuds.

It would take some work on the turf. I was at ground level at Twickenham 2017 and whilst a lovely surface for rugby very different to what most EPL grounds have.

That would be a terrible idea to use the hallowed turf at Twickers, especially as we have the England internationals there in November. Would look pretty average with football pitch lines still showing.

They won’t play in it this season. Just looked at the photos and it is miles away.

The lines on the pitch would still be visible for the NFL game which the yanks wont be pleased about, but more importantly its a Champions League week and I think us and Spurs will be one TV pairing (with United and Liverpool the other), ultimately meaning one of us will be playing on the Wednesday (possibly away in Russia).

0% chance of us playing this on the Friday anywhere.

I think;
Plan A - play at the new stadium as planned
Plan B - move the NFL game to Twickenham, and move us to Wembley
Plan C - reverse the fixtures
Plan D - play our game anywhere else (West Ham, or even Milton Keynes which was as a mooted temporary home for Spurs during reconstruction)
Plan E - postpone the game to later in the season.

Plan C or E would be particularly bad for us.

Moving the NFL fixture to Twickenham is a non-starter as Wembley & NFL have a contract for this and the other games played there and the tickets for the match were sold months ago. Twickenham also holds 8000 fewer seats than will have been sold for Wembley. Do you really think they are going to roll over because spurs can't sort themselves out. No, it's going to have to be the Emirates!

I wonder how they're gonna allocate the seats as there were some proper angry men and women who used to sit right by the away section. I remember one woman giving it 'you and me outside I'm gonna cut your throat' semaphore last time I was at WHL.

I had the cut throat thing a few times. My crime....singing City songs. The South Stand was always full of fucktards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.