******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was over a weeks worth of evidence presented, it's clearly not as simple as a CCTV video which everyone has seen.
There was over a weeks worth of expensive lawyers trying to find an angle through which they could get the scrote away with it, would be my interpretation.

I am still firmly of the opinion that had you or I, or anyone else not in the public eye, been arrested and charged after a brawl in which someone was hospitalised, and with video footage like that, you'd get done. And whilst every case is different, I was summonsed as a witness a few years back where I had to go to Newbury to give evidence, and I can tell you the man who was convicted did a lot less than Stokes was recorded doing on video.

There was over a weeks worth of expensive lawyers trying to find an angle through which they could get the scrote away with it, would be my interpretation.

I am still firmly of the opinion that had you or I, or anyone else not in the public eye, been arrested and charged after a brawl in which someone was hospitalised, and with video footage like that, you'd get done. And whilst every case is different, I was summonsed as a witness a few years back where I had to go to Newbury to give evidence, and I can tell you the man who was convicted did a lot less than Stokes was recorded doing on video.

The CPS have tried to play clever buggers and they've lost. There was clearly sufficient holes in the case to make a conviction unlikely and they tried to add in two extra charges on the morning of the trial. The whole thing looks to have been a huge waste of taxpayers resources.

The CPS have tried to play clever buggers and they've lost. There was clearly sufficient holes in the case to make a conviction unlikely and they tried to add in two extra charges on the morning of the trial. The whole thing looks to have been a huge waste of taxpayers resources.
Given I suspect you and I were not present at the trial, I'd say that's no more valid an opinion than mine.

So he's a 'scrote'? What are you basing that on?

The two lads offering their appreciation to him for stepping in on a homophobic attack certainly don't consider him a scrote.

End of the day he's punched someone outside a club. Reckon half the population have done something similar.
I'm a 38 year old married man brought up in leafy Cheshire with a university education. I've had a couple of scuffles at the weekend outside bars/clubs in my youth.
For a lot less reasons than stopping someone being bottle because of their sexual persuasion.

This would rarely reach court, total waste of time with no real victim.

You can see his violent assault knocking two men unconscious, he's there on cctv mimicking two gay men and flicking a cigarette but at them. But someone he's said he was defending the pair. Quite staggering how they have come to this conclusion.

stokes won the fight with the CPS when they changed it from GBH to ABH and should not have gone to court after the change

Shit sticks. He may have been found not guilty, but his reputation is in tatters. People cant "unsee" his twatish behavior, so he will be strongly guided by those with influence around him to take the lesson, sort his shit out, climb down from his ivory tower, get humble, and get back to playing cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.