A Tale of Two Citys...

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
I'm at work today and I'm reminiscing about the Old Days about the club with a colleague, when I realised that I'd forgotten all about my angst about my club's 'ethos' and direction when the Good Sheikh took over.

Saying that, I know a friend or two who still follow City, but have still boycotted the club.

My initial concern over 'buying the title' and what our image would look like after the buyout has disappeared and I don't know when that happened. I actually feel like the 'Doubting Thomas' that was me 10 years ago is a figment of my imagination now!

I do know that the years of media bias against City steeled me, but I don't when I crossed the 'Fook 'Em All!' bridge!

Are there still people you know that boycott the club...?

I'm at work today and I'm reminiscing about the Old Days about the club with a colleague, when I realised that I'd forgotten all about my angst about my club's 'ethos' and direction when the Good Sheikh took over.

Saying that, I know a friend or two who still follow City, but have still boycotted the club.

My initial concern over 'buying the title' and what our image would look like after the buyout has disappeared and I don't know when that happened. I actually feel like the 'Doubting Thomas' that was me 10 years ago is a figment of my imagination now!

I do know that the years of media bias against City steeled me, but I don't when I crossed the 'Fook 'Em All!' bridge!

Are there still people you know that boycott the club...?

Only one I know of..

Conn.jpg

Nope. I never had a problem with Chelsea doing it, Blackburn doing it, Leeds trying to do it, or the rags doing it for 20 years. I'm not suddenly going to give a shit when it's my own team.

And people talk about it being like winning the lottery, but it's not. A lot of hard work and preparation went in to making the club an attractive prospect for an investor. The sheikh didn't pick us out of a hat.

Lottery win not sure about that. It was a more of a good business opportunity. I don't know anyone who as walked away from the club since the takeover.

Same here, strange to hear about city fans boycotting their own club!

We deserved it tbh. Not only that, the big four and their cartel needed breaking up, the only other teams to have done it needed money.

And now we've done it the Premier is so much better for it, the football is much more skilled and entertaining than what utd have us for all those years where basically they just bought all the best English players off everyone else

Lottery win not sure about that. It was a more of a good business opportunity. I don't know anyone who as walked away from the club since the takeover.
not walked away but my mate who I went to the match with in the bad days of div 3 said it was more fun then, don't think he has been since we got lucky.

When you look at where the club was in 2008, it definitely wasn’t a lottery win; it was a sensible investment that has paid dividends in terms of trophies and the value of the club.

At that time, (for the amount it gets slagged off by Trafford) one of the reasons we were bought is because we had the best academy in the country at that time and had just won the FA youth cup. We had young players breaking into the first team and we’d established ourselves in the Premier League. Unlike almost all other clubs in England, we could call on a fan base of 40,000 fans+ plus we were historically one of the top 6 or 7 clubs in English league history in terms of points won in the top flight (adjusting all wins to 3 points) and not much further behind in terms of trophies won. The teams that were more decorated than us were either not for sale or didn’t have the academy and potential to repay ADUG’s investment. Because of all them factors, that’s why City were bought and I can’t believe there are City fans out there who think the investment was somehow undeserved.

I don't know 1 person who boycotted the club, if I did wouldn't speak to the ****s anyway.Every blue I know realise's we are blessed with the best owner a club could have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.