Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think they will push our records from last year .. It's all setup for them to have an outstanding year I fear.

Pep has to stop them or they will become a big as RM/barca etc

They're miles off that level.

All this talk of them beating us conveniently forgets that:

Their second goal v us in the League was a foul by Firmino on Stones.

Their first goal in the first leg of the CL was offside. Sane had a legitimate goal ruled out.

In the second league we had a clear goal ruled out.

Klopp doesn't have Pep's number, he's been fortuitous and over the season that luck doesn't last.

I think Klopp's latest comments frame your 'losers mentality' perfectly. I refer to his comments about him not having the ambition to be the best team and the best manager. Manchester City are the best team and therefore he wants to beat the best team as often as possible.

Having reached the tender age of fifty, I finally understand some amateur psychology, and it applies to everyday business life. I'm in sales, you can have a great month, quarter, year but ultimately you are going to be judged on your current performance. Also, some of the most successful businesses focus on how to be better for their customers rather than obsessing about competitors, therefore ensuring that ultimately you are always competing against yourself. I'm sure we have all heard managers of successful football teams down the years say that they are only focused on the next game. It's boring but it's the only aporoach to take. I guarantee Pep is only thinking about Huddersfield, whilst Klopp is thinking about us rather than his next fixture.

That is why I have no doubt we will probably lose games against Liverpool this season, but I also have no doubt they will still contrive to lose seemingly easy fixtures too. To be successful you just keep concentrating on the next game, then the next. Liverpool will be marking the days on their calendar counting down to City games.

Exactly.

And it's the same interview that bugged me too. Every time he says we're the best team, he's implicitly suggesting Liverpool aren't. And then he's explicitly saying it anyway afterwards. He's getting his excuses ready. At the end of the season, if they don't win the league, and especially if we do, guess what he's going to say. "I told you we couldn't have done it". It's the same shit Pochettino did last season and guess how they handled the crunch games.

The interview bothered me for two reasons beyond though:

Firstly, as someone who's not keen on the Red Everton, Klopp's interview can be surmised as a complete untruism to shroud his and his team's inadequacies in a way that suits his own agenda. Remember a couple of years ago when he spoke about not spending money and his taste for building teams out of the players he had? And then remember how this summer he spent a ton of money anyway, and then had the nerve to attack the media for bringing it up? What makes anyone think this is any different? Because if ever has the best team I can assure you he won't be declaring his dismay or retiring any time immediately. Just like the fans, he speaks in fables and poetry.

With regards to Klopp and Liverpool from maybe a more neutral point of view, they're doing themselves such a disservice by clearly showing they are afraid of failure. Now you say you work in sales, so you should know that failure is something to be disliked (or hated depending on if you can go that far), not something to be feared. And you should know from your sales that the only path to success is the one which goes by constant failure on its way. Just like John Stones and Nico Otamendi made a load of failures in 16/17, they used those experinces to fill the 17/18 season with successes. And remember how much mockery they took in 16/17, but they persisted because they knew what was ahead.

And this stings a bit, because all biases aside you know that if Liverpool really do get their act in gear then they could genuinely be a major threat. They have the players, good if not great depth too. They have a good manager, good owners, money, and a rabid set of fans that could massively support you in anything if you just say the word. Not forgetting the support of the media and probably the entirety of Egypt too! But they'll never get there because they'll always be bound by that fear of falling flat on their face.

They're like a guy that has never been on a date. But not because he's ugly, or poor, or mean, or boring, or short, or fat etc etc because he's none of those. It's because he never asked, out of the fear of failing, which makes it so much the worse.

Keita has already won this seasons PFA poty as well as PFA ypoty, Masterchef and the Wednesday night meat raffle at the Bin and Dipper social club.

Keita has already won this seasons PFA poty as well as PFA ypoty, Masterchef and the Wednesday night meat raffle at the Bin and Dipper social club.
And rightly so - to think he achieved all of this whilst claiming no salary, driven purely by the love of his childhood club and inspired by his all-time favourite player James Milner ;-)

I've been watching too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.