Errrr - its called acting

Although I find the reaction from the loud minority (because I reckon most of them don't care) within the LGBT community hypocritical and drenched in irony, you would have thought Disney might have had the sense to not make such a casting considering this isn't the first time people have lashed out under circumstances like this.

Saying that, maybe they did know and they have a greater motive. Seems more likely than them being stupid.

But then again they cast Dwayne Johnson (who has transformed into the most soulless of PR shills within Hollywood). So lazy casting might not be beyond them.

The description of the character as "hugely effete, very camp and very funny" suggests that it’s just going to be a lazy stereotyped role though.
To be honest, I’m friends with a good dozen gay men and that description would fit all but one.

Is that not your experience?

The purpose of too many peoples lives now is to be outraged at everything on behalf of eveyone else.

Sensitive twats.

Auppose none of these moaning have never watched modern family then or moaned as one of the gay charactor in it is straight and has won awards and is an icon in parts of the LGBT community in the US.

Now there are more openly gay actors oit nowadays and yes logic would say that would be your first choice of actor to consider, but then a charactor is just that, not a real person and any actor should be considered.

Last edited:
It’s good that Disney will have an openly gay character for the first time, and the sexuality of the actor playing the role shouldn’t really matter. The description of the character as "hugely effete, very camp and very funny" suggests that it’s just going to be a lazy stereotyped role though. The film sounds absolutely shit, by the way.

Louie Spence says hi :)

2_2898_0035

Okay, okay he isn't funny but meets the first two parts of the criteria :)

We live in a time where genderfluid lesbian Ruby Rose has received "backlash" that caused her to cancel her twitter account when it was announced she was playing the role of Batwoman; the character herself being gay.

The criticism itself? Ruby Rose isn't "gay enough" to play Batwoman.

giphy.gif

It seems not even being gay is satisfactory for a role in the minds of the twitterverse these days, even when the character themselves are portrayed as gay, so Whitehall had no chance.

So fucking tired of everyone caving to the lowest common denominator faux outrage of the day on almost every issue.

And we wonder why liberals keep getting trounced electorally?!

Can’t say I care either way but the outrage on either side can be funny...only a Greek deity can play Thor. Someone doesn’t know their Norse from their Greek.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.