Spurs’ new stadium

The Spurs v City game was supposed to be on Sky and is still listed on the Premier League website - though Sky have taken it off their listing.
I can see a deal being done by the Premier League and the game moved to the London Stadium. West Ham are away that weekend, though they play Spurs there the weekend before. The London Stadium is effectively a neutral venue anyway and I'm sure Sky would be happy with that rather than a venue they haven't been to before for football.

Very interesting being taken off the Sky website. I reckon it will be postponed.

What about the London Stadium, or MK Dons

Forfeiting the game surely won’t happen

Imagine if we win the league by 2 points. Don’t know about anybody else but it just wouldn’t feel right
If the rags or scousers finish 2nd, it sounds ideal

Or joint second ... both finishing with same amount of points which happen to be two less than us ;)
Would be funny as fuck and the moaning would go on for eternity but without sounding like a rag I'd be a bit upset if we were only that far in front of them both.

I have been told that the fire suppressant system is not working properly and that only about 10% is functioning correctly.

They will not get this Stadium ready for some considerable time yet.

The rules. Particularly relevant K.5 and K.6

I don't see how they can play at two different grounds during the season.
I doubt anyone could object if they played at Wembley but if they play there, they have to play all their
games there in my opinion.

Ownership of Ground and Training Facilities
K.3. Each Club shall either own its Stadium and training facilities or have a legally
enforceable agreement with its owner for its use by the Club, expiring not earlier
than the end of the current Season.
Ground Sharing
K.4. No Club shall have or enter into a ground-sharing agreement in respect of its
Stadium unless the agreement contains legally enforceable provisions to the effect
that:
K.4.1. the playing of the Club’s League Matches at the Stadium shall always take
precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement; and
K.4.2. the Club shall have the ability to postpone other activities scheduled to
take place on the pitch in the 48 hours immediately preceding the kick-off
of a League Match where, in the reasonable opinion of the Club, there is a
risk that such activity might result in the subsequent postponement or
abandonment of the League Match.
Ground Registration
K.5. Each Club shall register its Stadium with the Board and must play all matches in the
competitions listed in Rule L.9 for which it is the Home Club at the Stadium. No Club
shall remove to another Stadium (either on a permanent or temporary basis) without
first obtaining the written consent of the Board, in accordance with Rule K.6, below.
K.6. In considering whether to give any such consent, the Board shall have regard to all
the circumstances of the case (including, but not limited to, the factors set out in this
Rule K.6) and shall not consent unless reasonably satisfied that such consent:
K.6.1. would be consistent with the objects of the League as set out in the
Memorandum;
K.6.2. would be appropriate having in mind the relationship (if any) between the
locality with which by its name or otherwise the applicant Club is
traditionally associated and that in which such Club proposes to establish
its Stadium;
K.6.3. would not to any material extent adversely affect such Club’s Officials,
Players, supporters, shareholders, sponsors and others having an interest
in its activities;
K.6.4. would not have a material adverse effect on Visiting Clubs;

Very interesting being taken off the Sky website. I reckon it will be postponed.

But that is a huge disadvantage for City especially if the game is played next year when we will already have a fixture backlog because of cup runs etc. Spurs messed up and yet it could harm us. People are saying play it at Cardiff but there is a reason there are rules, these f*ckers think they can just ignore them, they have already been allowed to play some games at Wembley so 2 grounds in one season, why a third ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.