A Great Time To Visit Turkey

I've heard about the water taxis and beach clubs and this appeals to us
As for cheap and cheerful. So long as it's clean, air conditioned and has a patio, happy days
Our accommodation this year in Anaxos Greece was €28 a night room only

If you've spoken to anyone who's stayed a bit closer to the town for accommodation recommendations I'd appreciate it
Not really looking for anything that more than five minutes walk to the front

I'll chat to the lads at work who put me onto Kalkan in the first place and sniff around while I'm out there first two weeks in September.

First year we used the beach clubs but, as I say, second year we were skint so used the public beach which we've used ever since with the added bonus most years of sea turtles in the swimming area and restaurants close at hand for lunch. Umbrella and 2 beds for a couple of quid. And the bars will bring your drinks to you if you're that way inclined.

I wouldn't say that it's a children's resort which is fine by us. Some decent history around too with cheap buses hither and even thither.

I'll chat to the lads at work who put me onto Kalkan in the first place and sniff around while I'm out there first two weeks in September.

First year we used the beach clubs but, as I say, second year we were skint so used the public beach which we've used ever since with the added bonus most years of sea turtles in the swimming area and restaurants close at hand for lunch. Umbrella and 2 beds for a couple of quid. And the bars will bring your drinks to you if you're that way inclined.

I wouldn't say that it's a children's resort which is fine by us. Some decent history around too with cheap buses hither and even thither.

Cheers mate. Odds on it'll just be me and the Mrs next year

Would recommend Hisaronu. A brilliant destination with lots of things to do!
Is that the resort 2 up from Olu Deniz?
If so I wouldn't stay there. I stayed at the magic tulip beach hotel, great location at the end of the main drag, not that Olu Deniz beach resort is big.
I went in 2012iirc and the package only cost £450 for two in late October

Any adrenaline junkies wanting a moment to never forget,this resort is for you!' Paragliding off Babadag mountain from 6000ft over the blue lagoon was amazing.

Those put off by my food poisoning post, please don't be.that happened in 93. Since then food hygiene and sanitation has vastly improved to western standards. It's a beautiful country and most of the resort locals are friendly.

Thanks for the visa advice, Blues. Looking at Malaga, Blaenau Ffestiniog and Buenos Aires in 2019. Will try and squeeze Istanbul in at some point!

Reading the posts on here, I think it depends on where you go in Turkey and, obviously, what you are looking for in a holiday.

We go to Kalkan which is a small, pleasant, middle-class, middle-aged sort of village/town where there's not a hint of trouble. Not much in the way of clubs but plenty of restaurants etc.

Been to Kalkan five times and stayed in some very nice hotels (Pirat x 2, Happy Hotel, Kalamar Hotel and Samira Hotel (near the taxi rank). The views from the roof top restaurants are amazing. Food is of a high quality (try The Alternative for a steak). The locals are such good people, helpful and friendly. It's a couple of years since we last went as we now live in Spain, but if you want a piece of heaven for your holiday then give Kalkan a try.

Been to Kalkan five times and stayed in some very nice hotels (Pirat x 2, Happy Hotel, Kalamar Hotel and Samira Hotel (near the taxi rank). The views from the roof top restaurants are amazing. Food is of a high quality (try The Alternative for a steak). The locals are such good people, helpful and friendly. It's a couple of years since we last went as we now live in Spain, but if you want a piece of heaven for your holiday then give Kalkan a try.

Yes, that's what I found though the Pirat seemed a bit "lively" for my liking. The Altrnatif moved onto the main drag so we couldn't find it one year, but you are right about the steaks.

Good positive post mate. Too many doubters give Turkey a bad name without going there. All because their mate told them it's crap because you can't get meat pukka pies John Smiths toy donkeys sangria etc.

I'm glad you can't, Kalkan sounds my cup of tea and I bet it's a Turkish delight: )

Holidays are what you make them, if you don't fancy somewhere don't go, but don't knock it till you've tried it as they say.

I recall an elderly couple of old ladies chatting in the return airport queue years ago ... "So did you enjoy it then Edith"? .... (Long weary faced Edit paused)..... "Erm no not really".....
Why was that then Edi"?.... "It wer too foreign for me Ethel"....

She probably wrote on TripAdvisor she didn't like the colour of the curtains in her hotel room. Lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.