UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid

as a neutral there was a lot of "techers" on show to appreciate, too much for City at this moment imho.
Not intended as criticism, just an observation. Our squad will reach a similar level under Pep, age is on our side, but the prem isn't. We dont meet enough sides who are at our level ( sounds raggish i know, but i believe true ) to push us to the very top, but Pep will find a way, I have no doubt

Ramos and Costa never change
One a cnut
One a playacting cnut

I absolutely loved that battle all through the game. Ramos elbowed Costa in the face, so Costa kicked Ramos in the head later. Both appealed for something, but when nothing came, they just got on with it and went at each other again.

I absolutely loved that battle all through the game. Ramos elbowed Costa in the face, so Costa kicked Ramos in the head later. Both appealed for something, but when nothing came, they just got on with it and went at each other again.
I don't mind the physicality per-se, but both of them are cheating thugs. They're both among my least favorite players.

They'll both dive, purposely injure opponents, aggressively confront linesman and referees, feign injury at the slightest contact, etc.

I don't mind the physicality per-se, but both of them are cheating thugs. They're both among my least favorite players.

They'll both dive, purposely injure opponents, aggressively confront linesman and referees, feign injury at the slightest contact, etc.

That dirty play is crucial in top teams. Pep is all over that side of things. Some fans see Otamendi as rash but Pep loves him because he makes tackles that aren't worthy of a yellow card but give away free kicks. Our tactics are centred on winning the ball back quickly high up the pitch or making a foul to stop a counter attack. It is a dirty way of playing but crucial to our style.

In a CL final do I want to see us play fair but lose or play dirty and win?! Easy choice.

That dirty play is crucial in top teams. Pep is all over that side of things. Some fans see Otamendi as rash but Pep loves him because he makes tackles that aren't worthy of a yellow card but give away free kicks. Our tactics are centred on winning the ball back quickly high up the pitch or making a foul to stop a counter attack. It is a dirty way of playing but crucial to our style.

In a CL final do I want to see us play fair but lose or play dirty and win?! Easy choice.
I don't mind the tactical foul or aggressiveness short of trying to injure other players - this indeed is part of the game.

I draw the line though at intentionally trying to injure the opposition, diving, or feigning injury at the slightest contact, or verbal abuse designed to provoke an opponent into some sort of red-card retaliation. And I think that Pep does too - none of our players regularly engage in this sort of demeaning conduct.

Last edited:

Tactical fouls, or making tackles trying to win the ball back are literally the polar opposite of dirty play. Dirty play is playing outside the rules of the game - dangerous play, attacking your oponent, spitting, deceiving the referee etc.

Committing a foul trying to win the ball back and getting a free kick awarded against you is not dirty at all. The only person I've ever seen try to allege that is Mourinho and Duncan Castles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.