De Bruyne injury - Back in Training (p89)

No it's not. You talk shit sometimes, people argue against you. It's the way a forum works. On other occasions, you might talk some sense, so people agree with you. I know this hasn't happened yet, but it's something to look forward to.
Sure. But it seems you just disagree on principle.

It's assinIne to pretend all positions are equally important. They aren't. Everyone kinda intuitively knows this.

To claim otherwise is just silly. Anyway let's not get too bogged down with the importance of various positions on the Kevin being injury thread

I know FI is reading and just chumping at the chance :p

Sure. But it seems you just disagree on principle.

It's assinIne to pretend all positions are equally important. They aren't. Everyone kinda intuitively knows this.

To claim otherwise is just silly. Anyway let's not get too bogged down with the importance of various positions on the Kevin being injury thread

I know FI is reading and just chumping at the chance :p
I only disagree with you when you talk shite. This is one of those occasions. You will also see that I rarely reply to your output...

Concerning what we will miss out on with him injured for 3 months:

Creativity wise we can cover this - Both Silva's, Mahrez, and Fodden all have that creativie output (Before the acquisition of Mahrez I would have said we don't have the crossing ability but we do with Riyad.
What we may miss is Kevs work rate between the boxes and without the ball and his physicality . Mahrez is new to this and needs it drilled into him as he doesn't have it. (Pep has recently again mentioned this in relation to Sane so you know how much he values this). Ilky doesn't have it, both silvas do and fodden does but physically may not be ready for it ( know Kev isn't a physical beast of a player but Fodden is still a kid and doesn't have the physicality of a man). Kev does a lot of work recovering when we lose the ball....this is something Ilky is very poor at and while the other silvas both do it they aren't as good as Kev.

I dont know anything about cruciate ligaments. I'm just wondering if the fact that KDB has suffered the same injury twice in a couple of years is indicative of a problem or weakness and if this is likely to happen again.

We will miss him without doubt but fortunately we have a deep squad and I have no doubt Pep will re-jig the formation to compensate for his absence. We looked pretty good against Chelsea and Arsenal without him so I don't think there is any reason to be overly concerned.

the timescale depends of KDB and the treatment at manchester city and i think it will be 8 to 10 weeks before we see him back
he is a strong bugger and fit as a fiddle and healing after injury sometimes can be quicker because of health and wellbeing in looking after yourself

but we are not a one man team and the manager is the best in the world at changing it up and playing a different style so you don't miss anybody like a key member like KDB is, and somebody else will step up and take the limelight that's how the best teams work, and knowing pep and this squad he's already worked on just this sort of thing months ago even last season with mendy and his long term injury you think pep putting delph to leftback was not worked on before and delph just took too it like a duck to water

a master strokes by pep and he knows his onions so i expect something this weekend that nobody has even thought about and leave the media will be foaming at the mouth

I dont know anything about cruciate ligaments. I'm just wondering if the fact that KDB has suffered the same injury twice in a couple of years is indicative of a problem or weakness and if this is likely to happen again.

We will miss him without doubt but fortunately we have a deep squad and I have no doubt Pep will re-jig the formation to compensate for his absence. We looked pretty good against Chelsea and Arsenal without him so I don't think there is any reason to be overly concerned.

Cruciate ligament wasn't involved they say, just the lateral on the inside of the knee.
Cruciate damage is about worst case for a knee.

The inside lateral ligament is also key to the stability of the knee.
Now Kev will have quick physio-therapy to remain functionability.
Also leg muscles can be strengthened to support knee stability.

And as I said before, some specific movements might be taken out of Kev's game like a full stretch tackle to reach the ball or to block.
Concern now is a pressure from outside while full stretch and foot on the ground.
He is so important with all he has, that we might better miss out on some parts of his game.

Kev was very very lucky though.

I'm not getting excited by this rumour.

We have had similar before.

Then there is also a difference between a player being fit to play & fit to play well.

I'm looking at City to find a way of playing, without him, hopefully stay competitive in all competitions, then cash in like fuck 2nd half of the season, with a fully rested KDB.

See.

Can most definitely see another Pep master stroke coming here. Might have a sneaky 5er on Bravo getting 10 goals just in case Pep chucks him in the midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.