A Tale of Two Citys...

I don't know 1 person who boycotted the club, if I did wouldn't speak to the ****s anyway.Every blue I know realise's we are blessed with the best owner a club could have.
My younger brother used to be a regular back in the Division 2 and 3 days. He's definitely fallen out of love with the Club, but also with the game in general on the basis that footballers are overpaid twats. I genuinely think he would rather see us achieve smaller successes without the help of the Abu Dhabi money. Strange lad my brother.

My younger brother used to be a regular back in the Division 2 and 3 days. He's definitely fallen out of love with the Club, but also with the game in general on the basis that footballers are overpaid twats. I genuinely think he would rather see us achieve smaller successes without the help of the Abu Dhabi money. Strange lad my brother.
I’m rapidly running out of patience with football in general, but still love what City are doing, especially as I still believe we are fighting the will of UEFA and the FA also.

I think if Prem games are taken over to the States my enthusiasm for the Prem will go with it.

I’ll add that I’m based inDublin and only get over a couple of times a year so it’s not the same as regular ST holders, but every time they dilute the domestic fan importance for financial gain, it drives another nail in the sport’s coffin.

I do hope nobody has fallen out with the club, all clubs have changed how they are ran, not due to any sheikhs money, but mainly due to the outrageous investment of tv money.
Yes, it was great back in the 70's and early 80's when several of my team were local lads (Pickering, Venison, Rowell, Lemon, Armstrong etc).... but time has moved on.
..and the only way of bridging the gap.....is to be initially bankrolled, there is no other way of sustaining closing up on the original big 4.
Blackburn did it, Chelsea did, the Rags his behind the class of 92, yet still did it....
So why not City?

My team and yours have followed similar histories, until the last 10 years or so......where would you rather be???
Champions of England with the best manager in the world, or in League One without a recognisable first team member?

There is only one answer to that....but here's the important thing, you love your club, because it is your club, and I'm fully aware of the excellent community stuff City also do, which makes the success even better....no trouble having the next generation of kids following city.... kids love to win.
I love my club, yes, we are abysmally shite, but they are my club. I still celebrated our last minute winner on the first day of the season v Charlton like a total nutjob, as did my kids... because it's our club..... just as a City is yours.....so don't for one second resent how you've got to where you have, as it was the only way to get there.

There are a few other supporters who resent what you have, it's nothing more that total jealousy.... if you want a general view.... look at what happened at 93:20, the Poznan we did, the YouTube comments from Arsenal, Chelsea, even Newcastle fans delighted that Fergie got his comeuppance.....
Because most football fans know that you had it very tough, for very long, and you are one of the few clubs and sets of fans that actually deserve the relative overnight success....you genuinely do.

One thing I have loved about the City revival, is that it all feels very human....the way the club was with David Silva, other clubs may have done the same.....but it was high class....

So don't resent it...embrace it, and enjoy every friggin second

I'm at work today and I'm reminiscing about the Old Days about the club with a colleague, when I realised that I'd forgotten all about my angst about my club's 'ethos' and direction when the Good Sheikh took over.

Saying that, I know a friend or two who still follow City, but have still boycotted the club.

My initial concern over 'buying the title' and what our image would look like after the buyout has disappeared and I don't know when that happened. I actually feel like the 'Doubting Thomas' that was me 10 years ago is a figment of my imagination now!

I do know that the years of media bias against City steeled me, but I don't when I crossed the 'Fook 'Em All!' bridge!

Are there still people you know that boycott the club...?
15 English clubs now owned by billionaires/multibillionaires - plus the Sky money. No established Prem club is short of money. The vast majority are seriously rich, so it comes down to which clubs get better value for money and coach their players better. We win on both counts.

I do hope nobody has fallen out with the club, all clubs have changed how they are ran, not due to any sheikhs money, but mainly due to the outrageous investment of tv money.
Yes, it was great back in the 70's and early 80's when several of my team were local lads (Pickering, Venison, Rowell, Lemon, Armstrong etc).... but time has moved on.
..and the only way of bridging the gap.....is to be initially bankrolled, there is no other way of sustaining closing up on the original big 4.
Blackburn did it, Chelsea did, the Rags his behind the class of 92, yet still did it....
So why not City?

My team and yours have followed similar histories, until the last 10 years or so......where would you rather be???
Champions of England with the best manager in the world, or in League One without a recognisable first team member?

There is only one answer to that....but here's the important thing, you love your club, because it is your club, and I'm fully aware of the excellent community stuff City also do, which makes the success even better....no trouble having the next generation of kids following city.... kids love to win.
I love my club, yes, we are abysmally shite, but they are my club. I still celebrated our last minute winner on the first day of the season v Charlton like a total nutjob, as did my kids... because it's our club..... just as a City is yours.....so don't for one second resent how you've got to where you have, as it was the only way to get there.

There are a few other supporters who resent what you have, it's nothing more that total jealousy.... if you want a general view.... look at what happened at 93:20, the Poznan we did, the YouTube comments from Arsenal, Chelsea, even Newcastle fans delighted that Fergie got his comeuppance.....
Because most football fans know that you had it very tough, for very long, and you are one of the few clubs and sets of fans that actually deserve the relative overnight success....you genuinely do.

One thing I have loved about the City revival, is that it all feels very human....the way the club was with David Silva, other clubs may have done the same.....but it was high class....

So don't resent it...embrace it, and enjoy every friggin second
Superb contribution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.