Queues

I get there about 30 minutes before the kick-off and I am usually inside within 5 minutes. The odd time I have been there later that time to get in is at least doubled. As others said previously, the club has recommended you get there earlier to avoid any issues. On saying that it is a bit contradictory as they want people to use the bars and food kiosks outside which delays people getting in.

The security scanning to get in is more likely to get more stringent, that's just the times we live in.

M1 is an utter shambles, and we got there 15 minutes earlier than normal today it isnt helped by the fact M2 is 5 yards away with hardly anybody going in.

Ive just resigned myself to missing kick offs this season.

Also what the FUCK are them daft (permanent) barriers outside the main entrance to the Colin Bell stand the scrum of people going in opposite directions trying to squeeze through a small gap after the game was a recipe for chaos.

Totally agree about these barriers, hundreds of people compressed into small areas came a standstill, creating a handy target for terrorists.
Not only are the club making it difficult to get into the ground they are now making it difficult to get out by erecting an obstacle course.

I agree with the posters talking about “bag idiots”! Why are people taking them to football?? I don’t mean a little bag with the young kids butties and drink in, I’m talking about grown ups taking all sorts of shite in. Yesterday a women had her rucksack searched and she looked like she had just walked straight to the game from doing the three peaks. Spare coat, flask, torch, book etc

Presumably to evidence that it has indeed been checked by security?

Yellow Airport tagging which needs scissors to get off.

ripped mine off by hand when leaving the ground, hardly sealed on very well. And it only takes the staff a second to attach after the search, so not really adding to queue time.

People need to get there earlier for weekend games (night games are unavoidable when people work and can only get there when they get there) and STOP TAKING BAGS TO FOOTBALL MATCHES!

Why the fuck do people need bags? Full on rucksacks packed to the maximum with some people. Fucking leave them at home, in your car, or in your hotel if you’re a fucking tourist!

It’s the simpletons who turn up with a bag with 300 things in, each needing to be looked at by security that slows things down the most.

In fact City should ban all bags over a certain size and only allow in sensible sized handbags or those “man” bags young lads like to carry.

If you can’t take an umbrella over a certain size in, they should enforce the same with bags.

Fucking bag idiots!

Ah another who cannot see what other people may need, i'll tell my pensioner mum, in ill health in her 70s, she cannot bring a draw string backpack for our 2 hour journey there on public transport (now 3 hours due to her taking longer on the walking parts), and 3 hours back, she cannot have a bag for a bit of food and drink for th journey there and back, cannot have a bag for her woolly hat scarf and gloves no she must wear it at all times even on the busy transport where she actually doesn't like having her colours on view anymore but likes to wear them at the ground, no she can't bring any medication, in fact at her age why don't we just ban her, after all these people that bring in bags ruin it for the proper city fans eh.

Grow up and stop blanketly blaming everyone else. I presume you are the type that has your phone wallet and prog (when you used to buy one) sticking out your back pocket asking people to steal it?!

(oh and there already is a bag size limit)

Luckily I got in M2 so it's not too bad for me, but jesus those queues for the other turnstiles are a joke, good old city!
Also on the subject on queues, why the f**k is the bar at 114 closed? It was annoying enough they didn't serve pints there so you had to have bottles, but to close it entirely?! Everyone was forced to go the bar further up near 116/117 and the scrum on the concourse was mental, safe to say I took one swift look at that queue and dropped the idea of a half time pint

Arrived at M1 about 12.55, queued almost as soon as entering the external green gate, but it was moving all the time. Up to SS3, via the bogs, at my seat just as the players were going in from warm up, so what about 1.20?

yHz7Xmw.jpg

This was outside just after that massive firework went off, presumably that was as the teams came out?

I’m guilty as anyone for it, but you can’t expext to turn up on kick off and get straight in anymore.

The early Sunday kick off is one of the worst times for queues I’ve found because no on one really wants to get there early for the match and arrivals aren’t as spread out as they are for say the 4pm game or a Saturday 3pm kick off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.