Here's to you Vincent Kompany....10 years of Vinny

sorry Zabba, as much as I love you, Vinnie is the f*ckin MAN. what a guy, what a legend, what a Blue....

A couple of fantastic pics of the great man:

images

Manchester-City-Manchester-United-Vincent-Kompany-Premiere-league%20cropped

Unbelievable servant. Unbelievable player.

His name will be forever in our history books and from the sounds of it he's going to be with us long after retirement.

That said I want him to see him get into the 5 or 6 premier league titles club before he does retire.

I remember a big Newcastle fan friend of mine once text me after a game at St James’s Park. He said ‘playing Kompany just isn’t fair. He’s like 3 centre halves on his own’.

Not only that but when we needed a big goal, like 1-0 at home to Utd in 11/12 to almost win us the title, goal in the 2-0 to win the league vs WHU in 13/14, goal in the league cup final win last season and scored against Utd again which should have won us the league again.

What a guy

One of the most influential people (not just players) at the club as we rose from crap to where we are now. The big man who had the balls to stand up to anyone else and the leader against Ferguson and uniteds dominance. The man who gave the half time team talk in the semi that won us the game that was the turning point in our most recent history, then scored the winner in the Derby a season later that set us up to win our first title in 40+ years. Undoubtedly the greatest signing I've ever seen us make (post 86), and will continue to be a huge influence off the field once he hangs up his boots. Respected throughout the world as one of the best. Exemplary attitude and behaviour off the pitch that we should all aspire to. He will leave us in good health (but a couple of trophies to win just yet). Here's to you sir Vincent of Kompany

Vinny is a true club legend.
As a 25 year old blue, my dad stated taking me from age 5.
Own season ticket since age 6 (98/99) and somehow still going strong now despite the shit he initially cursed me with ;-)

In that time Kompany has been the best defender I've ever seen play and certainly the best captain I've had the joy to witness. A real leader. An honorary Manc and a role model on and off the pitch.
He came at a time when we weren't what we are today and led us to our most successful period ever.
In the 11/12 season we first won it, I honestly don't think there was a better defender in the world at that point. He was a monster.

Scored some crucial goals. United and West Ham spring to mind.

I'm sure like many other blues my age, this may well the the era we hark back to and our Bell, Lee and Sumerbee will be Vinny, Silva and Sergio.

Here's to you Vincent Kompany!
City loves you more than you will knowwww

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.