Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

You need to feel the pain of a kick in the balls every so often to remind you you don't like it and it's best avoided. It will serve well as a lesson and if we're honest it could have been even more painful.

NBC really bigging up that we dropped points 'so early in the season' while failing to mention we dropped points earlier last season and we are on exactly the same number of points after 3 games this season as last.

Ussually think NBC's coverage is pretty good to be honest, a lot less biased than Sky for sure, but they are really trying to make something of it. Think we are gonna see NBC really get behind the dippers this srason.

Hopefully it motivates us onward now.

They already said last Monday that they WANT Liverpool to challenge City.

We were off form from the start. I think we should have started the same 11 as last week.

Poor selection, formation and subs from Pep today, imo.

Gundogan usual away performance.

We had no pace out side, Pep shoehorning Bernardo into a selection that just didn’t suit the opposition. We needed pace out wide and had none on either side until far too late on in the game.

Shit reffing as usual, Atkinson determined not to give us the benefit of the doubt on any borderline decisions, make a big difference when you contrast to Oliver giving the scousers a pen last week.

Subs were far too late and we lost all shape by having 2 wingers and 2 forwards on at the end.

What borderline decisions? The penalty on Silva was stonewall, and that foul on Sterling should have been a yellow as it normally is when a defender leaves his feet to make a challenge from behind. It's the linesman job to get the handball and offside right and he didn't as well.

Laporte was very good today, not a lot else to say really, passing was awful, first touch awful and final ball/shot awful, bad day at the office, the lads looked sluggish, not sure what Mendy was told in the dressing room
Before kick off but he seemed to be all over the place and lacking confidence ...
Wolves played well and all in all deserved their point.. Same points as last season after 3 games so on we go to the next one ...

Silva should have had a Pen, didn’t see the handball though but plenty did. Ref was a total shitbag...!

Have a great bank holiday Blues...!

Aguero was caught on the foot which knocked him off balance, they have just shown it on tv. It isn't obvious as the bloke catches him with his shin, so it's understandable why it wasn't given.

Salah just fucking jumped in the air for nothing.

don't be deluded with the Salah one, i hate the twats but it was a penalty. I only seen the Aguero one at the time and looked a dive, if there was contact it would be minimal I imagine and he still went down very easily. His lack of protest shows how much he thought it was a pen.

Atkinson was never going to give it if he had kicked him ten feet in the air. There was a hand on his shoulder as well as the touch on his foot which was enough to knock him off balance and halt his momentum. Aguero didn't help by exaggerating the fall. In truth it would have been soft but I agree if it's Salah he points to the spot.

It was nowhere near the same as Salahs and I hope this doesn't set a trend for the season of "if Liverpool got that then we should get this" especially when comparing completely different incidents.

Time to put a tenner on Liverpool for the title I think. Second season syndrome strikes again. It's their year for sure

Wolves are a good team....we weren't at our best but still should have won. Decisions obviously went against us....we will get better as the season progresses. Everyone take it easy and have a beer or some wine...the best is yet to come.

It's more likely because he hasn't played enough, that he was too anxious to make an impact.

Judging by that run at the end, he may have won us the game if he'd been on ten minutes earlier. By the time he found his feet the match was over.
Agreed I think he is trying too hard to impress but I think it was Jesus who came on too late but was good

Sad to see Sane seemingly having some attitude problems again in the early season. Was obvious the last 2 seasons and you ever saw Pep allude to it a couple of times in the documentary.

I love Sane, I honestly believe he can be every bit as good as Mbappe going forward if he keeps his head screwed on right but there's always a niggling feeling that all isn't well with him under the surface and it seems to come to the surface everytime a new season starts.

I think he takes a while to get into a new season and maybe he isn’t the hardest trainer getting himself fit for a new season. His first few minutes on the pitch today were cringeworthy.

I thought Sterling was our best/most consistent player out there today. Always looked a threat and nearly scored an incredible goal.

We missed the simple stuff in the build up. We were dispossessed against little to no pressure. It’s early so it’s easy to dismiss and Wolves are a good foe at home.

I thought Laporte was again excellent. His goal was a bonus but he has just looked so comfortable in this side. VK a bit off the pace today but that was true for many on this team.

Lots to improve on - draw isn’t terrible especially when we really couldn’t get out of 2nd gear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.