Man of the Match - Wolves (a) 25/08/2018

Man of the Match - Wolves (a) 25/08/2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Laporte looked good again and gets my vote.

Despite the slagging by some on the post-match thread, Gundogan looked tidy enough and better than most.

Sterling was hot early on but faded.

It wasn't the best of performances but Aguero was one of our better players and overall Laporte was the standout

Laporte’s performance , save from one moment in the first half where he took a big swish at fresh air, was absolutely faultless yesterday.

His goal was just the icing on the cake.

It’s an absolute no brainer that Aymeric’s destined to be our future captain. I said after the Huddersfield game that it was wonderful to see how well he’s settled in at the club and embraced it so quickly.

That hilarious anti Mourinho tweet, in support of David Silva and his family, ooozed class, and tells you everything you need to know about the kind of person he appears to be.

Not many great candidates but Laporte looked very comfortable with the ball and made some smart choices. Great header too.

Laporte’s performance , save from one moment in the first half where he took a big swish at fresh air, was absolutely faultless yesterday.

His goal was just the icing on the cake.

It’s an absolute no brainer that Aymeric’s destined to be our future captain. I said after the Huddersfield game that it was wonderful to see how well he’s settled in at the club and embraced it so quickly.

That hilarious anti Mourinho tweet, in support of David Silva and his family, ooozed class, and tells you everything you need to know about the kind of person he appears to be.
There were a couple of lapses in concentration towards the end of the game yesterday. On one occasion he got sucked in under the ball that bounced over him into the box from the right and on another he aimlessly ran out left to help out Mendy when he was worried Traore would skin Mendy and left an open box for anyone who wanted a run in.

Other than those things he was good but Kun was brilliant yesterday. Movement, link-up play, sharpness, hit the post and cross bar, deserved a goal. That’s why I went for Kun

Tough one, most of the team seemed flat. Laporte was probably the best, scored the goal and was decent defensively. Sterling looked dangerous without being able to produce a moment of magic (came so so close though). Mendy was probably 3rd best, always looked dangerous going forward but wasn't great defensively. Silva and Silva were well held, Gundogan just doesn't have the long passing range to fill in for De Bruyne, although his free kick was wonderfully shaped to find Laporte. I'd like to see Mahrez tried in the De Bruyne role because I believe he is the only other member of our team who can play those incisive long passes like De Bruyne can. Kompany and Walker were both below par. Jesus missed a sitter. Sane looked off the boil. Aguero was good too, but didn't get the goal.

In the flip side Ruben Neves reminds me a lot of Arturo Vidal. Quality going forward but always at the centre of the action defensively as well. Always seems to be at the centre of the major match events - positive ans negative. Looks like a red card or a penalty waiting to happen but somehow manages to ride that line most of the time. Don't think he'd get away with as much in a city shirt but Vidal has been one of my favorite non-city players to watch over the years so if the rumors are true about us looking at Neves in January, I wouldn't be disappointed. I think he could develop along similar lines.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.