FA backs safe-standing proposals in Premier League and Championship

Was beginning to think he was WUMMING......
I had that impression too...
Just think there are loads of fans who have brought into the dumb -down, sit -down, shut up era of plastic modern football...who dont even realise there are clubs in the lower division and non league where standing is still the norm,not the exception.

As modern football at the top level in this country continues its gradual transformation into usa style shiny plastic stadium/arena ...the old english 'ground' with its vocal end terraces disappear from memory...such a shame really.spent some of the best days/nights of my life on the kippax..i for one cannot wait for standing to return,not just to City but other teams up and down the country. The difference in crowd noise/chants and atmosphere alone will,imo,be great for the game.

The big difference in German grounds is you have a free choice where you stand within a defined standing area.
That means, friends or colleagues can meet and stand and sing together.
People who like to sing join the singing section or the loudest place around. From there it will spread around, hopefully.

As certain areas will be more popular you also have to get in earlier to get a good spot. Good old days...

If safe standing means you have to stand at the seat no. on your ticket the answer is: there is no difference at all.
Ome step at a time..... I have been involved in the standing campaign for 18 years and can count the endless replies to letters and doors shut in faces from the government, MP's, clubs, PL and FA and safety officers etc etc all saying go away.
So to have finally have a lot of those parties mentioned all considering / supporting standing is fantastic. If it means to begin with standing at a designated seat number then I will take it. Let fans show we can have standing areas and be trusted to behave.... Then the designated seat can be removed and friends and family can stand side by side as before.... Until then, one step at a time

I had that impression too...
Just think there are loads of fans who have brought into the dumb -down, sit -down, shut up era of plastic modern football...who dont even realise there are clubs in the lower division and non league where standing is still the norm,not the exception.

As modern football at the top level in this country continues its gradual transformation into usa style shiny plastic stadium/arena ...the old english 'ground' with its vocal end terraces disappear from memory...such a shame really.spent some of the best days/nights of my life on the kippax..i for one cannot wait for standing to return,not just to City but other teams up and down the country. The difference in crowd noise/chants and atmosphere alone will,imo,be great for the game.

I have made my views known on this & would support the right to have designated standing areas. However on the atmosphere thing, how will it improve? As people are already standing in these areas what would the difference be?

This is how the safestand will operate and advantages from club / steward / policing / fans atmosphere.

The idea is to have a "choice" of stand or sit, at the moment officially it is seated only in every PL stadium even though away fans stand and quite a few home fans in certain ends. Therefore if you are older and not good on your feet / younger and don't want to be pushed about / short and cant see above a 6 foot guy, then you have around 70% of the rest of the stadium to choose from and sit there.

Once safestand is implemented all other seating areas will be "sit" only so security can say if you want to stand you should have bought a ticket in safestand area. This eliminates the security shit going round.

Each fan will still have a seat number and actual seat, so what is the difference ? It is safe rail standing with an option to sit. If we wasn't arsed about champions league we wouldn't need to have the back up seats. But the lovely Uefa have a strange rule that all stadia must have full seated option. The difference in standing in a safestand area is currently when you stand in a seated area the backs of the seats bang the backs of your legs and if fans push forward there is no support infront so we fall over or graze our shins. Safestand seats fold back fully so you don't twat your ankles every 5 minutes. Also there is a rail on every row infront of you to lean aginst, similar to the old fashion terraces but less bulky. Therefore you are not falling forward on to fans when we score. Hence it is safestanding, because it is far safer than standing in a seated area.

How is this going to help atmosphere if we stand anyhow in some areas ? Well singers stand and prefer to be closer together bunched up. Safestand areas are more bunched up and seats are smaller generally more compact. Therefore a block with a capacity of 1,000 in normal seating will hold around 1,250 maybe slightly more. This creates the old terrace feeling in a safe way with a seat option for our Uefa friends. Fans will sing more as they are bunched up, like minded singers will move in to the areas. Ok some people may want to stand and not sing, cant do anything to change that mindset.

If you are currently standing in a seated area what percentage have you noticed of fans actually stand in their correct seat number ? 70% maybe. If we safestand fans are more likely to bunch up with mates and sing, they will unofficially ignore the seat number and bunch up with mates.. In Germany nobody has a safeseat number, in England big brother likes to watch.

Ome step at a time..... I have been involved in the standing campaign for 18 years and can count the endless replies to letters and doors shut in faces from the government, MP's, clubs, PL and FA and safety officers etc etc all saying go away.
So to have finally have a lot of those parties mentioned all considering / supporting standing is fantastic. If it means to begin with standing at a designated seat number then I will take it. Let fans show we can have standing areas and be trusted to behave.... Then the designated seat can be removed and friends and family can stand side by side as before.... Until then, one step at a time

You're right.
Took so many years, we just have to keep on going.
Thanks for all your effort!

But the short bloke doesn't have to be 4 or 80, could be 40. What is the advantage again?

I'm pretty sure that when it's a non-european game and standing is allowed, the seats are bolted up and sitting isn't an option. Like people say, if you want to stand you get a ticket in the standing area and if you want to sit, you get a seat elsewhere.

This is how the safestand will operate and advantages from club / steward / policing / fans atmosphere.

The idea is to have a "choice" of stand or sit, at the moment officially it is seated only in every PL stadium even though away fans stand and quite a few home fans in certain ends. Therefore if you are older and not good on your feet / younger and don't want to be pushed about / short and cant see above a 6 foot guy, then you have around 70% of the rest of the stadium to choose from and sit there.

Once safestand is implemented all other seating areas will be "sit" only so security can say if you want to stand you should have bought a ticket in safestand area. This eliminates the security shit going round.

Each fan will still have a seat number and actual seat, so what is the difference ? It is safe rail standing with an option to sit. If we wasn't arsed about champions league we wouldn't need to have the back up seats. But the lovely Uefa have a strange rule that all stadia must have full seated option. The difference in standing in a safestand area is currently when you stand in a seated area the backs of the seats bang the backs of your legs and if fans push forward there is no support infront so we fall over or graze our shins. Safestand seats fold back fully so you don't twat your ankles every 5 minutes. Also there is a rail on every row infront of you to lean aginst, similar to the old fashion terraces but less bulky. Therefore you are not falling forward on to fans when we score. Hence it is safestanding, because it is far safer than standing in a seated area.

How is this going to help atmosphere if we stand anyhow in some areas ? Well singers stand and prefer to be closer together bunched up. Safestand areas are more bunched up and seats are smaller generally more compact. Therefore a block with a capacity of 1,000 in normal seating will hold around 1,250 maybe slightly more. This creates the old terrace feeling in a safe way with a seat option for our Uefa friends. Fans will sing more as they are bunched up, like minded singers will move in to the areas. Ok some people may want to stand and not sing, cant do anything to change that mindset.

If you are currently standing in a seated area what percentage have you noticed of fans actually stand in their correct seat number ? 70% maybe. If we safestand fans are more likely to bunch up with mates and sing, they will unofficially ignore the seat number and bunch up with mates.. In Germany nobody has a safeseat number, in England big brother likes to watch.
Thats better, thankyou

Having one large end would be fantastic but could be difficult to construct given the restrictions imposed by the original roofing supports.

I’d question where having one large North Stand end would leave the thousands of fans in the Family Stand.

It’s also important to point out that there will likely be limits on how big these standing sections can be so we aren’t going to be allowed a Dortmund style wall where everyone can stand. The new end stand at Spurs is designed so that only the smaller bottom blocks along the front can have safe standing.

Personally, I’d go with the idea of an expanded 2nd tier.

91_DB25_FB_27_F7_4588_850_E_604_B5244_C696.jpg

- All the lower tier safe standing.(Between the green marks)

- Family stand in the new expanded upper west side (between the blue marks)

- Normal seating in the new expanded upper east side (between the yellow marks)

- If that isn’t enough for the Family Stand then just move it across into the yellow section as much as required.

Benefits

- An entire section of safe standing behind the goal.

- Keeps the Family Stand all together.

- No empty seats on show in North Stand lower from non attenders, whether that be season card holders, complimentaries etc.

- Can even put a giant ‘93:20’ in white seats into the huge new upper tier.

(I’d still love one big end though!)

Nah First and Second tiers all standing move the family stand into the colin bell or a different area of the ground !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.