Spurs’ new stadium

Agree but it's far too easy for the fuck up of a club that Levy runs.

Genuinely interested to learn why you believe Spurs to be a "fuck up of a club". Sure, we might not have won any trophies in a long time and we suffer our fair share of disappointments. And, yes, Levy is in the process of overseeing a huge construction project that will overrun by a couple of months (par for the course on such projects, by the way). But, even with your Man City hat on, can you not grudgingly concede that Spurs is one of the better run clubs anywhere? It might not operate the same model as your club's but, in almost every respect - first team; academy; stadium; training ground; finances - I'd have thought that Spurs is near the top of the curve.

To my mind, a fuck up of a club would be the likes of Leeds, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Newcastle, West Ham or....dare I say it......Man City prior to ADUG's intervention. All of them big clubs that, for whatever reason, massively and perennially underperform; get themselves into financial difficulty; get relegated; or move to a soulless athletics stadium with seats miles from the pitch and are then surprised when the fans loathe it!

Times says it's gonna be on the Monday at wembley

I wouldn't yet totally rule out the possibility of the game being played on the Saturday at the new stadium. The Wembley option for the following Monday might well, at this stage, only be provisional.

Just been told it's being played at Wembley on the Mon night ... Looking online now to double check

Playing on a turnip patch? Mad.
I bet City fans who have bought non-refundable tickets and accommodation get screwed over.

Last edited:
Genuinely interested to learn why you believe Spurs to be a "fuck up of a club". Sure, we might not have won any trophies in a long time and we suffer our fair share of disappointments. And, yes, Levy is in the process of overseeing a huge construction project that will overrun by a couple of months (par for the course on such projects, by the way). But, even with your Man City hat on, can you not grudgingly concede that Spurs is one of the better run clubs anywhere? It might not operate the same model as your club's but, in almost every respect - first team; academy; stadium; training ground; finances - I'd have thought that Spurs is near the top of the curve.

To my mind, a fuck up of a club would be the likes of Leeds, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Newcastle, West Ham or....dare I say it......Man City prior to ADUG's intervention. All of them big clubs that, for whatever reason, massively and perennially underperform; get themselves into financial difficulty; get relegated; or move to a soulless athletics stadium with seats miles from the pitch and are then surprised when the fans loathe it!

I wouldn't yet totally rule out the possibility of the game being played on the Saturday at the new stadium. The Wembley option for the following Monday might well, at this stage, only be provisional.
You keep saying the over run timetable is par for the course. Fair enough, building developments often over run. So knowing that, what did levy do to ensure fixtures could be played at a suitable stadium at a suitable date. Fuck all!

off course it is spurs fault you our meant to play all home games on one ground your ground has to be ready not might be maybe so you should have been playing this season at wembly then when did fixtures would have been away when ground not available . now if played on monday will cause problems for city with league cup

I get it's highly inconvenient for this going and there must be full reimbursement of all costs but these things happen. Could easily happen to anybody and as a club we should be supportive.

The only caveat is that the pitch is playable. If it's not and let's face it, on this occasion its entirely foreseeable that it might not be...then there should be scope for city to postpone without repercussions for the club. In my opinion.

Think it's a cheap shot to criticise spurs for the stadium delay. Sorting a venue yes. Stadium delay no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.