who invented money

Isn't money just a promissory note? Credit chips. I seem to remember asking a teacher and he told me it was credit against her Royal Highness (peace be upon her) gold reserves. Changed now though i think.....Related subject, this world wide crash thingie....where is all the fucking money?

The Lydians were the first to produce coins in western culture. These people were centred around what is now known as Anatolia, so Turkey area.

Isn't money just a promissory note? Credit chips. I seem to remember asking a teacher and he told me it was credit against her Royal Highness (peace be upon her) gold reserves. Changed now though i think.....Related subject, this world wide crash thingie....where is all the fucking money?

You could look an adapt what i think is one of the finest scenes in cinematic history...

It is a shadow on the wall, power as money, is where we perceive it to be.

how good would life be if no one had to worry about earning money.or would we all end up lazy cunts who invent nothing

Over a couple of hundred thousad years of humans living in comminities together and money has been used in maybe less than 8000 of them, we seemed to manage ok, and pre money we invented agriculture, the wheel, beer, farming systems, metal workings, human communites and villages, architecture, art etc
What we didn't seem to do it create armies, invade other lands, take resouces, overpopulate, destroy the local ecology where resources were then left scarce and population levels stayed pretty level.

Of course some bartering system was always in place prior and human expansion was alway going to lead to those listed happening, whether doing it without money being created would have been better we will never know.

b681b9c1c1295b09ce08ba5ec322e27e.jpg

The Lydians were the first to produce coins in western culture. These people were centred around what is now known as Anatolia, so Turkey area.
Fascinating culture the Lydians, I've seen the rock tombs they built in the middle of cliff faces, their architecture was
probably copied by the Greeks, then the Romans judging by the style. As someone said, they're probably the 'Inventors'
of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.