Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a terrible game, you knew everytime he got the ball he would cut in on the edge of the penalty box with every ball. Corners were shocking & never ran down line to put a cross in on right foot but when he did (the one & only cross) use right foot he neatly got an assist with merlins header.

This guy is class, you don't turn shit overnight ......he is learning and moulding into new team so will take time. I have faith in him.....he will come good.

Some of the fans were I sit need to take a chill pill ffs.......the shit comments were poor. He is a blue pulls a shirt on, support the guy!

The reason he looks worse than he does is because the system in a way shackles him. As the right winger he is instructed to stay wide right and wait for the ball. At Leicester he had much more freedom doing what he wanted to especially on counter attacks almost playing like a #10. His touch is great and can pick the ball out of the air better than anyone so he's a good outlet when we shift the ball. He did have an off game with his free kicks though. Like a lot have mentioned it will take some time. I think when Kev comes back he will get better because Kev will help him attack on the right.

No point saying anything else ... he was shocking today. Surprised he stayed on the pitch as long as he did

Weird the grief on here, i thought he was alright!

I watched on telly tho, so those who watched live might have a better perception

Can we give him time to adapt?

He's been playing a counter-attacking system at Leicester. Pep's system infamously is tougher for "flair" players to adapt to. No KDB on that side makes his job tougher.

Used to being the big fish and doing it all himself. Needs to stop running in to blind alleys and being too predictable with cutting back in.
Still early days but thought he may be our most important players these early months with Sterling, Silva, KDB and others playing in the World Cup

Still needs time to adapt IMO.

But he wasn't horrendous. He had some iffy plays for sure, but also had some decent plays as well.

The home crowd didn't seem to be displeased though. I heard clapping often when he was on the ball.

His touch is sublime and he has all the tools required to be a success here.
Once his speed of thought is in tune with his teammates and he takes on board what we’re all about then I think we’ll see the best of him.
At the moment he’s making the wrong decisions and reverting back to his Leicester ways where his first instinct is to do it all himself. It might take a couple of months but he’ll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.