Can you speak more than one language?

I’m looking at brushing up on my Spanish for future trips to Malaga and Buenos Aires. It’s courtesy more than anything. I also will look at Welsh when I go and live there.

Can anyone speak anything aside from English to a good level? What, how and why? Thinking about how to learn.
Ah, Welsh - That language they only seem to speak when a non-local walks into a shop/bar.

I lived in N.Wales for about 5 years. I could understand quite a bit of Welsh, so I knew when people were being derogatory. It's quite an interesting language, and the odd word can be really useful even if it's only hello, thank you and goodbye.

Nope, Languages are one of my weak spots. being Dyslexic most of my time at school was spent trying to learn to speak/read and write English and other languages took a back seat.

I did start to learn Japanese but work commitments prevented that from taking off.

watch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.