'All Or Nothing' - discussion of documentary

It is on auto renew but it is very easy to cancel and can be done on Line with just 3 clicks.
On the Amazon site go into "my account", select Prime Membership and then click End Trail. That's it, job done.
I had the trial last year and cancelled it no problem, got it again for all or nothing and have just cancelled it again. Really easy.

Thanks again. I ended up getting it. Saw the last 7 episodes. And it was really well done.

It's crazy to see how animated Pep gets behind the scenes in the changing room when he feels something is off or that the players aren't up to par. Meticulous.

Sorry if already posted, taken from City_Watch

Manchester City's docuseries has been viewed or downloaded a staggering 10 million times since its release. Amazon are keen on another link-up while City's global appeal has seen a huge upswing with approaches from big business and take-up on corporate packages. [The Sun]

I've been watching 2 episodes at a time and just watched the final 2. Episode 7 is a downer but helped me appreciate more the character of the team in coming back at Tottenham after those 3 losses. That was a tough week yet they didn't crumble. The final episode left me with a massive feel good factor and a warm glow. It's been a great series and it's good watching something like that with the benefit of perspective. When you watch every game as it happens, you don't get to appreciate what that season as a whole really was. It was the most wonderful season in my lifetime.
The other thing I suppose I appreciated for the first time is how much pressure the players have on them. Yes, they are well paid, but having to go out there week in week out and perform under the spotlight where every mistake is there for all to see, in a results based job, doesn't half take character.
I've already got used to the usual worry of the current season whilst almost forgetting last season, but watching that has allowed it to really sink in what a never-to-be repeated achievement it was. Brilliant. What a team!
On a final note, I can't imagine Pep ever going to sleep.

I've been watching 2 episodes at a time and just watched the final 2. Episode 7 is a downer but helped me appreciate more the character of the team in coming back at Tottenham after those 3 losses. That was a tough week yet they didn't crumble. The final episode left me with a massive feel good factor and a warm glow. It's been a great series and it's good watching something like that with the benefit of perspective. When you watch every game as it happens, you don't get to appreciate what that season as a whole really was. It was the most wonderful season in my lifetime.
The other thing I suppose I appreciated for the first time is how much pressure the players have on them. Yes, they are well paid, but having to go out there week in week out and perform under the spotlight where every mistake is there for all to see, in a results based job, doesn't half take character.
I've already got used to the usual worry of the current season whilst almost forgetting last season, but watching that has allowed it to really sink in what a never-to-be repeated achievement it was. Brilliant. What a team!
On a final note, I can't imagine Pep ever going to sleep.

I would imagine Pep sleeping goes something like this lol

giphy.gif

but what is a ‘director of first team support’?! Is he basically just Peps mate who hangs around? Couldn’t make head or tail of that at all.

Manuel Estiarte is a former Spanish/Catalan sporting legend who, many on here will already know, was a world renowned, arguably the best ever, water polo player and, apparently, a superb athlete. A week or so ago, I bumped into a former work colleague of my wife and her husband - himself a current water polo coach at England youth level - and while we were discussing City’s amazing season, he spoke so knowledgeably and passionately about this guy. Estiarte has become, I was told, something of a expert in sports psychology and performance, with a particular ability to read, instinctively, players’ moods and body language. He is, as numerous profiles of Pep have described, probably the most important - though low profile - member of Pep’s team. Pep himself has stated that Estiarte has taught him to see football from a wider perspective and ‘picks up on things in the dressing room’ that he [Pep] does not always see. He’s been with Pep throughout his coaching career.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.