Newcastle fans

From what I’ve seen they have a huge amount of resentment of our current status. They always have an opinion on our attendances good or bad and spend lots of their time looking for unoccupied seats. This is based on the “fact” they always sell out and never have any empty seats and that the Geordies have always turned up throughout history blah blah blah.

Ironically the same fans sing “wwywyws” when they come to town, a song we sang to them with some justification in the 90s when they all got behind Keegan and spent more money than most and still won fuck all!

From what I’ve seen they have a huge amount of resentment of our current status. They always have an opinion on our attendances good or bad and spend lots of their time looking for unoccupied seats. This is based on the “fact” they always sell out and never have any empty seats and that the Geordies have always turned up throughout history blah blah blah.

Ironically the same fans sing “wwywyws” when they come to town, a song we sang to them with some justification in the 90s when they all got behind Keegan and spent more money than most and still won fuck all!
To be honest I get the resentment. Part of football tribalism. I remember being very resentful about Chelsea, and took huge glee from us beating them at home 1-0, circa 2004?
Newcastle, Everton, one or two others all think they’re bigger or similar size clubs to ours, like we did Chelsea so I expect the resentment of what has propelled us to our new and ongoing run of success. The thing with newfuckingcastle though is they believe they should be treated different to everyone else. The whole ‘understand the club’ nonsense, one club city bull shit and that fucking messiah bollocks. Absolute bell ends.

To be fair, I remember when we won away at Newcastle before the QPR game. Got stopped plenty of times on the walk back to the station by Newcastle fans saying well done. Maybe some of that good feeling has gone now but thought they were a good bunch that day

To be fair, I remember when we won away at Newcastle before the QPR game. Got stopped plenty of times on the walk back to the station by Newcastle fans saying well done. Maybe some of that good feeling has gone now but thought they were a good bunch that day
Loved that performance. Yaya was unstoppable.

I was actually gonna post this the other day - they were very very good with us on that day..............couldn't have been complimentary to us throughout

They added to what was a magnificent day and performance up there

Loved that performance. Yaya was unstoppable.
He was indeed - remember feeling very tense up their but he had one of his unplayable days.......

The way he passed the ball into the net from outside the area will stay with me forever. Didn't seem to be travelling at all from where I was stood on the bottom of the top tier

To be honest I get the resentment. Part of football tribalism. I remember being very resentful about Chelsea, and took huge glee from us beating them at home 1-0, circa 2004?
Newcastle, Everton, one or two others all think they’re bigger or similar size clubs to ours, like we did Chelsea so I expect the resentment of what has propelled us to our new and ongoing run of success. The thing with newfuckingcastle though is they believe they should be treated different to everyone else. The whole ‘understand the club’ nonsense, one club city bull shit and that fucking messiah bollocks. Absolute bell ends.

Very true. I resented Blackburn, Newcastle, Chelsea etc when they found the riches any football fan wants. They’re lucky. Would they be the club we are if they existed in the same city as United?

I like Newcastle. They've got pretty good fans. They do take big numbers all over the show despite winning nothing for decades. I think some City fans need to understand that EVERY football club has some form of hooligan-wannabe element within its fanbase. There's still a big culture of getting 'one-up' on the opposition fans either by outsinging them or winding them up.

Every club sings WWYWYWS. They don't actually give a shit, they just want to wind us up. Same with empty seat jibes and quiet atmosphere songs. We know all of this is built on fake stereotypes. They're just singing that type of stuff to wind people up. The same fans will go to Old Trafford and sing 'you're just a shit Man City' or Anfield and sing about Gerrard slipping.

Football is all about tribalism for me. Everyone wants their tribe to be the best. They all want to be the best so they can give more shit out to other tribes. I'd much rather a set of Geordies come down and bring a bit of hostility and atmosphere rather than a load of hand holders trying to be everyone's best friend. What fun would it be winning the league and getting 100 points if we couldn't ram it down everyone's throats?

In short, don't let away fans trigger you with a song.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.