General Videogame Thread

My little lad was the same but on a smaller scale. I was naive to it and agreed to buy him 30 quid of fifa points so he could open these gold special packs. Opened about 10 packs and I don’t think he got a single good player. At that point I looked into it and it was obvious it was a scam. It seems they target these fifa you tubers with incredible packs so all these kids who watch you tube videos see them getting Messi and Ronaldo and think that’s the norm. They then are obsessed with opening packs.
That's exactly how it goes. He watches them play on youtube. I would never have let him buy FIFA points, but he bought xbox gift cards with his money from the shop wihtout me knowing

My little lad was the same but on a smaller scale. I was naive to it and agreed to buy him 30 quid of fifa points so he could open these gold special packs. Opened about 10 packs and I don’t think he got a single good player. At that point I looked into it and it was obvious it was a scam. It seems they target these fifa you tubers with incredible packs so all these kids who watch you tube videos see them getting Messi and Ronaldo and think that’s the norm. They then are obsessed with opening packs.

It’s not just Fifa who are at it. I’ve just downloaded this game for my phone, soccer club director. Shit game, but addictive. It’s nearly impossible to be successful at a club unless you buy in game coins, robbing bastards. Like ultimate team, people throw money at buying packs because it’s to hard to build a team which is half decent. Even when you buy packs, your team will still be shite. Sick of seeing games having an ‘deluxe edition’ as an alternative to the standard edition.

Currently playing Divinity original sin 2 on xbox. Possibly the best rpg ive played.

Amazing game, combat is great, story is good and the writing and voice acting is brilliant(apparently over 1 million lines of dialogue were recorded) the are some genuinely laugh out loud moments and each mission is varied. Its also a huge game. Spend 21 hours on the first map. Got to the 2nd map and its twice as big!

Game easily see myself sinking 80-100 hours in this

Looked into, and bought this game after seeing your post. Hard game but I see incredible potential for replayability, with all the classes and possible combinations...

I'm not far in at all, and infact i'm considering making a new character as the Fighter seems a bit weak.

Currently enjoying yakuza 0 on pc.first yakuza game and im enjoying it so far! Mixture between shenmue and streets of rage lol

Downloaded the Black ops beta and I'm not that impressed really. The shooting as expected feels solid but the whole battle royale mode seems clunky.

Could be me not being quite up to speed with its mechanics but you pick up so many attachments and different spec items it's hard to really grasp what you've just looted without diving fully into your inventory system and with a game that thrives on being under pressure, it ruins the immersion having to stat check mid game.

That's exactly how it goes. He watches them play on youtube. I would never have let him buy FIFA points, but he bought xbox gift cards with his money from the shop wihtout me knowing
Is it any different to buying Panini stickers though? No guarantee of what you'll get inside. I've never played Ultimate Team, nor do I have any inclination to do so, but they must make more money from it than the game itself given how much some people spend on it. I'd understand it if FIFA itself was a nominal price, but to charge £50 and then expect people to pay more than that again to play a certain format of the game is bonkers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.