France

Paris is fucked. Won’t be going back.
It has particular fragrance of eau de shite on a summers day that can only emanate from the sewers. Only New York can compete in the western city that smells of shit league.

Love the country. We go twice a year visiting family

Definantly considering retiring over there when we can.

Whenever we go I basically live off the amazing bread and cheese
I don’t understand why some people retire abroad late in life. Presumably you move away from most of your family and long time friends to go abroad and spend most of your time just with your partner. That would do my fucking head in, I like the fact I can fuck off out of the house for a few beers, a game of golf, City, and so on with long term mates and not get bored of just talking to or being with the other half. I’ve seen those that “pal” up abroad, like minded tossers who have no friends at home so fuck off abroad, quite a lot of them loud mouthed cockney wankers. Ex pats, fucking twats most of them. Different if moving abroad with a young family or for work.

knowing my luck I'd start another Vietnam war :-)
The FFL selection center is there . I've not been to Aubagne but I've heard good things. If you piss all your € just show up at the fort and and tell the Legionnaire on duty wish to join the Legion. They will sort you out.

In all seriousness, have a great time. I love France.

I don’t understand why some people retire abroad late in life. Presumably you move away from most of your family and long time friends to go abroad and spend most of your time just with your partner. That would do my fucking head in, I like the fact I can fuck off out of the house for a few beers, a game of golf, City, and so on with long term mates and not get bored of just talking to or being with the other half. I’ve seen those that “pal” up abroad, like minded tossers who have no friends at home so fuck off abroad, quite a lot of them loud mouthed cockney wankers. Ex pats, fucking twats most of them. Different if moving abroad with a young family or for work.

Your wife speaks very highly of you too!

I must say that post makes you sound like an ideal candidate for the Costas.

There's a lot of truth in this posting. I you want your move abroad to be a success you have to intergrate into the local community otherwise you'll end up seeing the same type of 'ex pat' people doing the same type of boring nothing. By Intergrating I mean get a job, start a business, learn the lingo, renovate a property, farm etc etc , keep yourself constructively busy and you'll find yourself in a whole new experience.

I’m single. My only real family is my mum and that’s pretty much it. Most friends are married off with young families that keep them occupied 24/7. I’d lean towards a move abroad one day. Ideally Scandinavia but, more than likely, Andalusia in Spain. Whilst I will want to meet other expats, I’ll also learn Spanish to integrate.

Everybody comes and goes. It’s all about you at the end of the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.