NFL Football

Just watching that Netflix programme about Michigan Wolverines. Their stadium holds 107,000.....and it sells out!
I went in 2000 to a Michigan university game and there were 109000 people there. It’s an incredible stadium and a really good experience as well. Ann Arbor where the stadium is is a fantastic university town.

Just watching that Netflix programme about Michigan Wolverines. Their stadium holds 107,000.....and it sells out!

If you are interested in Netflix programmes about American football have a look at Last Chance U. Seasons One and Two are about one school, Season 3 starts another. Start with 3. You will like it.

Yup, college football has an incredibly fervent following.
It is a generational thing, plus most campuses have a built in following of about 30,000 to start. Also, there is a teadition of tailgating at college games that is second to none.

Alumni come back, pay big money for season tickets, and participate in fundraisers all year round, because this is the time of their life where they were not in the rat race, enjoyed themselves like never before, and can hold up college sports as a beacon, as opposed to the pro game which is simply a franchised money-making machine for the billionaire class.

College sports, especially football and basketball, is a phenomenon.

It is a generational thing, plus most campuses have a built in following of about 30,000 to start. Also, there is a teadition of tailgating at college games that is second to none.

Alumni come back, pay big money for season tickets, and participate in fundraisers all year round, because this is the time of their life where they were not in the rat race, enjoyed themselves like never before, and can hold up college sports as a beacon, as opposed to the pro game which is simply a franchised money-making machine for the billionaire class.

College sports, especially football and basketball, is a phenomenon.
Your second paragraph sums up college football in Hull (on an albeit much smaller and only annual basis).

I went to University at Alabama. It isn't NFL, obviously, but it is bigger than that really.

My wife's family are NY Giants season ticket holders. I've been to many of their games and had a great time. That being said, NOTHING beats going to Bryant Denney Stadium for an Alabama football game. I've been there in good times and shit times and it is still a place that gives you chills at kick off then 90+k are going wild.

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer, Give 'em hell Alabama!!

And fwiw, I've been all over the world and for the amount of stick the American South gets, they have probably the greatest amount of pretty to beautiful women as anywhere else. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.