Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned in the MOTM thread, we looked like last seasons team with him back. Think it had something to do with the passing combinations between him, Sane and D.Silva.

Seems to give Sane so much freedom to play when he's on the pitch and we look solid when he can just slot in alongside Fernandinho and take some of the workload off of him.

Delph will leave everything on the pitch,thats a given......what has surprised people is his ability,he has it in spades.

Even on a bad day,he's remarkably consistent,inspirational and influential.In a lesser team he would definitely be Captain.

Class.

He’s a better Pep player than Mendy. He’s got a slicker short passing game and is calmer on the ball. Hes more aware of what’s immediately around him. Ever noticed he has the Iniesta style look around just before he receives the ball? It’s like an instinctive thing. He then has a picture in his head of what options he has rather than receiving the ball then looking up.

He’s also a better defender.

Had a really good game yesterday. Good to see him back!

Anyone have a gif of that stunning tackle he had in the second half of the match?

I want to send it to a United supporting work colleague—along with the gif of Matic’s challenge from their match yesterday—as he maintains that Delph can’t defend and therefore could not be trusted to take on the Dinho role like Matic could.

Anyone have a gif of that stunning tackle he had in the second half of the match?

I want to send it to a United supporting work colleague—along with the gif of Matic’s challenge from their match yesterday—as he maintains that Delph can’t defend and therefore could not be trusted to take on the Dinho role like Matic could.
When he did that I had a look over at Pep and he turned around to someone and grabbed his shirt as if to say “this lad plays for the shirt”

I have run out of superlatives to describe him so I'd simply say, Fabulous Fabian. Boy is amazing. Mendy gotta do more imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.