Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps that slowing down was under instruction with Lyon in mind.

A stat I thought was remarkable was that he passed it 46 times with a 100% success rate in 24 minutes. To put some context on that Bernardo passed 58 times in 90 and Fernandinho 67 times in 90.
Yes Possibly with Lyon. But stats can be misleading. KDBs stats arnt always the best completion wise as he tries so many adventurous passes. You could easily argue that Gundogan had a very high pass success yesterday as his passes were mostly short and adventurous .

Yes Possibly with Lyon. But stats can be misleading. KDBs stats arnt always the best completion wise as he tries so many adventurous passes. You could easily argue that Gundogan had a very high pass success yesterday as his passes were mostly short and adventurous .

No doubt they were, apart from a nice ball in to Jesus to set up a chance for him he was just recycling possession but like I said I believe that was under instruction to control and see out the game.

But in the context of the game yesterday that was what we needed.

We weren't pushing for more goals and I was impressed at how we just controlled the game. Saved energy ahead of a very busy schedule.

One question RE Gundogan here: can anyone tell me one time you could honestly say he put in a top class performance?? He’s had good games yes, but never one where I really thought wow that was a top top game from him.

Great against Barcelona two seasons ago but both goals were due to him being at the right place in the right time. Two great goals against Basel away ok. An out of this world backheel assist for Aguero in a cup match.

In other games he’s scored in I don’t remember a great all around performance.

Bernardo’s performance yesterday and that in the community shield got me thinking. When has Gundogan put in such a shift? And I don’t want to hear he broke the passing record against Chelsea and so on, ok he did but it wasn’t an amazing game, they refused to press.

Last edited:
One question for the Gundogan lovers here: can anyone tell me one time you could honestly say he put in a top class performance?? He’s had good games yes, but never one where I really thought wow that was a top top game from him.

Great against Barcelona two seasons ago but both goals were due to him being at the right place in the right time. Two great goals against Basel away ok. An out of this world backheel assist for Aguero in a cup match.

Bernardo’s performance yesterday and that in the community shield got me thinking. When has Gundogan put in such a shift? And I don’t want to hear he broke the passing record against Chelsea and so on, ok he did but it wasn’t an amazing game, they refused to press.

I'd attempt to answer your question but I don't think I qualify, I don't love him.

I'd attempt to answer your question but I don't think I qualify, I don't love him.
No,i don't believe anyone does,just as much as i dont believe anyone hates him.......so,it would be great if people could stop using such sad terminology in an effort to undermine,or insult,where opinion is concerned.

One question for the Gundogan lovers here: can anyone tell me one time you could honestly say he put in a top class performance?? He’s had good games yes, but never one where I really thought wow that was a top top game from him.

Napoli away he was fantastic.
Spurs at home last year he was great.
Excellent against Barca at home.
Spurs away last year was a great performance.
Chelsea at home he controlled the game.
Arsenal away in the league he completely shut their midfield down.
Thought he was great against United at home last year - his goal was world class.

Pep keeps picking gundogan and i reckon he sees things in training that he wants from a cm I'm not saying pep is 100% right all the time but he's pretty well qualified to make the decisions

One question RE Gundogan here: can anyone tell me one time you could honestly say he put in a top class performance?? He’s had good games yes, but never one where I really thought wow that was a top top game from him.

Can't get me head round the quote "but both goals were due to him being in the right place at the right time" I'd like to think he made 2 great runs of a very agressive press? Also he had some great games last season filling in for fernandinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.