Fulham (H) - Post Match Thread

The trouble now for us punters on BM is finding an available "upgrade" for any of our brilliant squad. Almost unfair the level we are playing at ( i did say "almost" ) but the downside is the lack of opportunity for the youngsters, which imo is unavoidable. Most on here are keen for a home-grown hero, and whilst it would be great, perhaps it's time to see the academy as a revenue-raiser first , rather than essential to produce first team players. It does not concern me so much when the academy teams lose nowadays, because our tactic of playing well-underaged lads will pay off eventually, classic short-term pain for long-term gain. The chances of a teenager being better than a first-team player grow ever smaller. I believe a buy-back clause should be part of any transfer of those that dont find room in the 1st team squad in case of late developers.
Back on topic, Fulham were made to look poor/bemused/bewildered but they are not that inadequate against most prem teams, they will be relieved that City away was a once-a-year ordeal ( league-wise anyway).

Was sat directly behind a bunch of nobwads who spent the whole second half complaining that we just can’t score goals like we used to (used to when??) talk about entitled. Some of our support is getting more raggish by the day instead of enjoying the gifts on offer every game now

The trouble now for us punters on BM is finding an available "upgrade" for any of our brilliant squad. Almost unfair the level we are playing at ( i did say "almost" ) but the downside is the lack of opportunity for the youngsters, which imo is unavoidable. Most on here are keen for a home-grown hero, and whilst it would be great, perhaps it's time to see the academy as a revenue-raiser first , rather than essential to produce first team players. It does not concern me so much when the academy teams lose nowadays, because our tactic of playing well-underaged lads will pay off eventually, classic short-term pain for long-term gain. The chances of a teenager being better than a first-team player grow ever smaller. I believe a buy-back clause should be part of any transfer of those that dont find room in the 1st team squad in case of late developers.
Back on topic, Fulham were made to look poor/bemused/bewildered but they are not that inadequate against most prem teams, they will be relieved that City away was a once-a-year ordeal ( league-wise anyway).
good post

Was sat directly behind a bunch of nobwads who spent the whole second half complaining that we just can’t score goals like we used to (used to when??) talk about entitled. Some of our support is getting more raggish by the day instead of enjoying the gifts on offer every game now
Imagine how bad they must have felt after getting home and being informed by some moron on BT that Liverpool and Chelsea are running away with the league at the top.

Very subdued in the stands for a Saturday 15:00. Fulham fans sang all second half, we... didn’t!

The game was fairly entertaining. I knew Fulham would come at us and were nice to watch, played some good stuff and especially played well in transition from defence to attack.

We played well but didn’t get out of second gear. The last half hour of the game we stopped playing and just had an easy training session.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.