United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the fella
Was all over he news when Heinze was thinking of going to the scouse as the last player to actually make that move was yours truly. Infamy! Talk about a troubled childhood eh? So glad I saw sense and chose gods own team instead of sticking with the rest of my family...
Great story.
Ketchup wanted to go to the Scouse and had run down his contract.
Spanish waiter went to FA arbitration against Taggart who didn't want him to go there.
Poor Rafa lost of course.. didn't realise that FA arbitration was de facto SAF himself.
Believe Zidane story. I think he's already been offered the RAG job and will go either next season and more likely sooner after Peg gets another bad result.

Just seen mournihos post match interview.

He makes it sound like they are playing Peps football. He's taking the piss out of the media, his team and fans.

He then tells the BBC the rags are made in the image of Lukaku...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - was just checking youth team teamsheets on ebay (like you do....) came across this from 58/59 season..... check out the rags No9 playing alongside Johnny Giles and Nobby Stiles
s-l1600.jpg

That's a great find.
My first time to Maine Road with my Dad was around 1958 as a nipper.
For some reason that telephone number 1191 is stuck in my memory, I think the club used it until it changed to 1894.

As those who know me will attest my uncle used to play for this shower of turgid sheet and stilll has loads of Co facts with the club. He says morale never been worse, the dressing room is a morgue and word is they’re one more embarrassing loss away from Maureen being kicked out. Seems Zidane conversations are quite well developed

Zidane has declared he "will soon be managing another club".
Fits in well with Peg not getting the money to sign 2 CBs. Decision already taken

Don’t know if this has been covered already but was told yesterday that United’s pink kit is a nod to the old Manchester Football Pink. However what’s been lost on them that years ago there used to be two post-football papers, one was another colour and used to be pro-United and the other was the pink and was pro-City, then the two merged and kept the pink colour.

Don’t know if this has been covered already but was told yesterday that United’s pink kit is a nod to the old Manchester Football Pink. However what’s been lost on them that years ago there used to be two post-football papers, one was another colour and used to be pro-United and the other was the pink and was pro-City, then the two merged and kept the pink colour.

Yes you're right. The Pink was the Saturday sports paper of the Evening Chronicle which was tabloid format. The other one was the broadsheet format MEN's Green. When the MEN took over the Chron about 1963 the latter soon disappeared but the tabloid format Pink was retained. Although my dad took the Chron it probably accounted for no more than 10% of the deliveries when I was a paper boy. However, the Chron's Pink was generally considered a better paper and as you say was also considered Blue leaning while the Green was considered more of a rag paper.

Just seen mournihos pre match interview.

He makes it sound like they are playing Peps football. He's taking the piss out of the media, his team and fans.

I believe he's adopting the Joseph Goebbels technique... ''Tell a lie, make it big, repeat it often enough and eventually they will believe you''

Reactions: mat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.