Fulham (H) - Post Match Thread

Only just seen our second goal,wow.

Started from the back and passed throughout the team,Fulham got one touch via a ricochet and Silva slams it in the net!

Total football :-)

This.
Sane actually looked back,saw the guy was free, had loads of time to run across and get tight to him but actually decided to not bother.
Cosequently the inevitable ball was delivered wide to the Fulham player who then had clear run in towards goal from the wing.
Fortunately the danger was cleared but no thanks to Leroy. He really needs to work on the defensive side of his game.

First game of the season, probably blowing out of his arse by then. Think this is a bit harsh after 1 start this season.

Brilliant football at times. Merlin no 2 was delightful.

One conversation I overheard on the bus back to Piccadilly worried me. A lad was explaining how his two mates had left at half time to go to Mary Ds. What actually goes on in the heads of people?...

Surely a real ale pub is available.-; )

Mahrez looks completely lost in our system. I just hope it the adjustment period, like Bernardo had one. But boy, does he look out of depth among the rest of lads.

Mahrez looks completely lost in our system. I just hope it the adjustment period, like Bernardo had one. But boy, does he look out of depth among the rest of lads.
The worrying part for me is even last season when Bernardo was clearly not up to speed, you could see enough in the quality of his touch that he would be alright when played in the middle after getting used to things.
With Mahrez I just haven’t seen anything.
I do think he is forcing things, trying too hard to impress, but he doesn’t give me the impression he has the football intelligence to play our game.
I’m probably doing him a great disservice, but currently I see the likes of Foden or Diaz, who have grown up in our system, being much more comfortable in the team and as such much more of an asset to us.

I think Fab was taken off because it was only his second (first for City) since the World Cup. He said as much in his radio interview post-match.
I can understand him being taken off, but why change the whole backline, when Zinchenko could have straight replaced him ? Fernandhino could have done with some rest for me ahead of Wednesday, where he will have a far heavier game.

The worrying part for me is even last season when Bernardo was clearly not up to speed, you could see enough in the quality of his touch that he would be alright when played in the middle after getting used to things.
With Mahrez I just haven’t seen anything.
I do think he is forcing things, trying too hard to impress, but he doesn’t give me the impression he has the football intelligence to play our game.
I’m probably doing him a great disservice, but currently I see the likes of Foden or Diaz, who have grown up in our system, being much more comfortable in the team and as such much more of an asset to us.

Relax. Mahrez is quality. He just needs a little time to get comfortable in a new team. He will be dynamite in the 2nd half of the season

var was being trialled in 5 matches yesterday city Fulham being on of them all the 3 oclock matches. the only decision that would have been overturned was leroys goal just before half time. I have just heard this on talksport. I'm sure var would also have seen the trip from mane at the end of the Liverpool match yesterday that would have given spurs a penalty.

Brilliant football at times. Merlin no 2 was delightful.

One conversation I overheard on the bus back to Piccadilly worried me. A lad was explaining how his two mates had left at half time to go to Mary Ds. What actually goes on in the heads of people?...

Surely a real ale pub is available.-; )
A few teenagers in the North/Family Stand go to Mary Ds at half time. Can't get my head round it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.