Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the team were off the pace after we took Delph off and switched Walker to the left. All our wide attacking options disappeared leaving the playmakers only down a crowded middle option.

I disagree that all our wide options disappeared. Mahrez was on , but no one really passed to him. Gundogan certainly doesn't do 30 yd passes. And it was only when Mahrez came inside a bit that he got the ball.

People do realise Gudongan came on and played the holding role yesterday? As Diniho went right back and Walker left back?? As talented as Foden is he's not a holding mid.
Neither is Gundogan really in my eyes. Did you see how Fulham suddenly got more into the game in the last 25mins?

Neither is Gundogan really in my eyes. Did you see how Fulham suddenly got more into the game in the last 25mins?

Nothing I didn't it was a complete 1 sided performance from 1st to last minute Gudongan not a holding mid but has done the job on numerous occasions against better teams than Fulham the decision was a no brainer.

Nothing I didn't it was a complete 1 sided performance from 1st to last minute Gudongan not a holding mid but has done the job on numerous occasions against better teams than Fulham the decision was a no brainer.
Fulham definitely attacked us more often in the last 25mins.

Well it's possible, but how often since Pep arrived, have you seen him do that at home, especially v a team.which barely had a foot in the game

And of course had most of their attacks in the game, when Gundogan & Mahrez came on.

I don't think it stands up tbh. I recon they were just incapable of doing what the previous players did.

Most of their attacks in the last 5 minutes when they had one last push for a consolation and we were playing out time.

I agree, Imo Foden takes his chances this season and moves above Gundogan in the pecking order.

Apparently Gundogan is on £90k per week, signing a new contract means he will ask for an increase, just guessing but let say it £150k pw. Does he really deserve it? Also I maintain another injury and he is finished, still hasn’t got his confidence back despite being healthy for how long now. As he ages more of a chance he gets injured. I don’t think he will ever discover his fabled Dortmund form, best decision would be to sell him in the summer.

Pep loves Gundogan if him and Foden on the bench he will pick Gundogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.